American Sugar Holdings, Inc. Powerhouse Operator in Yonkers, New York
|Job Title||Powerhouse Operator / Engineer||Today’s Date||June 15, 2016|
|Location||Yonkers, New York||Requisition #||3206|
|Reports To||Maintenance Superintendent||FLSA Status||Hourly|
ASR Group’s companies have more than 150 years of experience taking sugar cane from the field to the table. Our expertise in every aspect of the cane sugar process is without equal. We are the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world. Our nine refineries are found in five countries across the globe and collectively can produce more than six million tonnes of sugar. We also own and operate sugar mills in the United States, Mexico and Belize. As an expert in raw sugar procurement, our reach spans more than 40 countries and our network of partners and suppliers has never been stronger. Our brands are leaders in their respective markets. We sell our branded and private label sugars, sweeteners and syrups in the grocery, food service, industrial and pharmaceutical channels in the Americas, Caribbean, Europe, the Middle East, India and Asia.
The individual will work as a member of the Powerhouse team, responsible for providing the boiler power needed to run the refinery. This individual will be required to possess or develop a sound working knowledge of the boiler feed water system operation and operate it safely.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make adjustments as necessary on all shifts. This includes but is not limited to: maintaining correct conductivity levels in boilers and blowing down as needed; making packing adjustments on pumps and valves; and any other adjustments necessary to safely maintain the operation.
- Required to possess/develop knowledge of all equipment in and related to the Boiler & Powerhouse operation and to have the ability to operate that equipment safely and efficiently. This includes, but is not limited to all turbines, generators, boilers, fans compressors, pumps, other ancillary equipment and all future equipment and controls/control systems.
- Required to possess/develop a sound working knowledge of the boiler feed water system operation to include but not limited to chemical testing, softener regeneration, brine systems etc. Will be required to perform all duties related to this system on all shifts based on instrument readings and chemical test results.
- Will be required to monitor and service all lubrication related items associated with the Boiler & Powerhouse. This includes but is not limited to checking oil levels, adding oil, changing oil, changing filters etc. on all Boiler & Powerhouse equipment.
- Responsible for housekeeping and cleaning. All operators to maintain cleanliness of entire Boiler & Powerhouse and associated spaces. Duties to be performed include, but are not limited to sweeping, mopping, scraping; sanding; high pressure washing; painting, etc.
- All operators on site will be required to perform inspection and log rounds in a correct and accurate manner as directed or required.
- Will be required to maintain all logs and reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Will be required to troubleshoot, diagnose and take corrective action on all major system in the Boiler & Powerhouse.
- Will assist in preparation for equipment maintenance (i.e.: opening boiler for inspection; opening economizer covers for inspection/cleaning/maintenance; closing said equipment; etc.).
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of boiler feed water system operations
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Experience of Human Factors and safety protocols
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of this Employer to comply with all applicable fair employment practices and equal opportunity laws in every country where our employees work, and to provide employment opportunities, as well as administer all terms and conditions of employment, to all qualified persons on an equal basis. The Employer prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other category protected by law.