Robert Half Accountemps Senior Accountant in Red Hook, New York
Our local client is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team for a temp-to-hire position in a nonprofit setting. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing financial statements, reconciling general ledger account balances, assisting with budget preparation, accounts payable and accounts receivable, journal entries, and financial analysis. The right candidate for the Staff Accountant position should have at least 2 years of Staff level experience, be a quick learner and have a strong attention to detail. Experience in a nonprofit is preferred. If you are interested please send your resume to Albany@Accountemps.com or call (518)462-1430.
- Understanding of corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing, with functional department managers
- Possess strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
- Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Proficient at analyzing financial data and promptly creating accurate reports
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are desired
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Adeptness in general ledger
- Expertise in account reconciliation
- Accounts payable experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Proficiency in accounts receivable
- Comprehensive knowledge of journal entries
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- 3-5 years of overall general accounting experience, ideally with Big 4 experience
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans