Gilbane Building Company Senior Project Executive - High Rise in New York, New York
5055-244 Job Description
At Gilbane we're building more than buildings, we're helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we've built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees' education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people's lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family - you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Senior Project Executive is representative of the Company responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of simultaneous complex new high rise construction-management projects; as well as mentoring multiple Project Executives.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: SeniorProject Executive typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and supervise work of project administration, project superintendents, and engineers to establish operational priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships with owners, subcontractors, unions, etc.
- Enforce project reporting requirements
- Manage critical issues
- Assume overall accountability for jobsite safety and quality
- Mentor Project Executives
- BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10 - 15 years in the lead role on ground up, high rise projects valued at $150 million or larger
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of Prolog, Microsoft Office (preferred)
WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently or occasionally required to:
- Sit, stand or walk
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, crouch and step over obstacles
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Work in outdoor conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity
- Work in environment with dust, loud noise and/or vibrations
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
New York, New York, United StatesPosition Type
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.