Capital One Services, LLC Senior Manager, HR Consultant in New York, New York
Job ID: R46281McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Manager, HR Consultant
Are you interested in joining a team of best-in-class HR Consulting Leaders who enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates? Here at Capital One you have the opportunity to work in an environment in which the business truly values the strategic HR partnership. If you have a passion for shaping the overall people strategy for the business and want to be part of a winning team, then look no further!
The ideal candidate should exhibit strong communication, influencing, and problem solving skills towards all stakeholders.
- Provide strategic HR consulting to one or two client groups (led by VP/MVP)
- Manage core HR processes (i.e., performance management, all associate survey) for business unit
- Participate in cross-functional business initiatives/projects, lending expertise on people-related matters
- Partner with associate relations specialists on escalated issues, exit interviews, etc.
- Handle escalated HR questions/issues regarding compensation, benefits, or other HR services
- Coordinate HR work streams on key business projects (integrations, redeployments, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a Human Resource Generalist
- At least 3 years of client-facing experience or at least 2 years of consulting experience, or a combination of the two
- At least 2 years of experience in project management
- MBA or Master's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Labor Relations, Organizational Psychology or Communications
- Professional Human Resources certification or Coaching certification
- At least 7 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- At least 5 years of client facing experience or at least 5 years of consulting experience, or a combination of the two
- At least 5 years of experience in project management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.