NYU Hospitals Center Senior I Technician - Technology Management and Support in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Desktop Support Tech.
This position acts as an independent contributor IT professional, applying technical expertise in one or more IT disciplines. Provides and maintains a reliable technical infrastructure to effectively serve the customer community; this may include running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, servers, networks, and/or desktop environments; responding promptly and effectively to customer problems; directly resolving the problems or escalating to the appropriate resource and monitoring its effective resolution. Receives general direction, work in progress is reviewed routinely.
- Responsible to resolve specified number of tickets per day. Responsible to resolve percentage of monthly tickets using remote support tools. Responsible to resolve percentage of monthly tickets at desktop site using mobile tools and devices. Responsible for publishing ticket updates to self-service interface in order to keep end-users apprised of the status of their request. Using established technology, technician is responsible for notifying all users of ticket ownership and contact information. Responsible to close tickets in a timely manner while striving to reduce the mean time to resolve each issue.
- Assist and participate in implementing and planning small projects or projects that are specific to the tech’s assigned department. Involved in the installation, rollout, and/or upgrade of new software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc. c. Participates in testing and evaluating new software, hardware, systems, servers, networks, etc. and implements prototypes.
- Responsible to assist with creation and maintenance of written documentation on problem solutions, tool configurations and end user documentation. Monitor the assigned desktop queue(s) in the Front Range ticket system. Log real time written journal entries documenting actions taken on all ticket requests. Close tickets within established service levels. Be compliant with all responsibilities and administrative tasks (Innotas, timely journal entries, use of standard email templates, etc.).
- Responsible for the implementation, installation, maintenance and support of End User Infrastructure Support equipment, software and connectivity for PDAs, PCs Macintosh and Windows workstations, printers, LAN, AV, Video conferencing, telephone.b. Responsible to implement known solutions to software and hardware problems and perform basic troubleshooting in their area of expertise. Provide over-the-phone and on-site Tier 2 assistance to users: problem identification, instruction, and resolution of problems; escalate to Tier 3 when necessary. Perform diagnostic checks on desktop computers to maintain machine capabilities and freedom from viruses. Independently design technical solutions for modules of a project, or to resolve most problems and select appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate technical terms, MCIT policies, and difficult messages to end users in a service oriented fashion. Provide one-on-one instructions/training/guidance to end users and the help desk on use of hardware/software and standard procedures. Provide exemplary customer service across all levels of the organization; embrace a never-say-no attitude when addressing customer issues. Follow established guidelines and standards to communicate consistent messages aligned with other members of MCIT.
- Must have a BA/BS degree or equivalent and 4 or more years of work experience in healthcare and/or education or equivalent experience in complex organizations.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of personal computing, MAC and Windows PC/Workstation based LAN systems, TCP/IP protocols, personal computing, End User Infrastructure Support management tools, client functions and applications (Active directory, Domains, PDA support, application troubleshooting, etc.).
- Excellent consultative and communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment, and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management, staff and vendors.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to understand the business and technical needs of the client as well as foster customer relationship building and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users; ability to work effectively with customers.
- Candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, support multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize work to meet and or exceed established service levels and be dependable.
- Strong time management, technical and analytical skills required.
- Ability to think logically and creatively in problem solving.
- Contributes individually with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Working conditions/physical demands of bending and lifting weights up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work effectively with customers and other IT team members.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.