NYU Hospitals Center Revenue Integrity Analyst: Professional Billing in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Revenue Integrity Analyst.
In this role, the successful candidate will be reporting to the Assistant Director of Revenue Initiatives the Revenue Integrity Analyst is responsible for managing, coordinating, and implementing charge capture initiatives and processes to improve revenue management and revenue protection and ensures the overall integrity of the charge capture process. The revenue integrity unit is comprised of three teams each with a specific area of specialization: Coding, Operations and Process Improvement.
- Conduct internal audits and review activities to improve the revenue cycle, claims production and coding integrity.
- Works directly with Faculty Practice Billing Coordinators on developing and maintaining solvency within each practices revenue cycle. Review, monitor and track charge and edit work queues of each billing coordinator and provide support if needed.
- Implement charge capture corrective measures and monitoring tools to ensure sustainability of changes; performs, reviews, and monitors statistics and key performance indicators to identify improvement opportunities.
- Performs various financial analyses and provide recommendations based on activities. Review monthly FGP revenue cycle metrics for areas of improvement within practices.
- Performs charge reconciliation process to ensure that charges are captured.
- Review, monitor, and facilitate implementation of billing and coding changes affecting charge capture processes in accordance with payer requirements.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external teams to ensure integration and alignment of department priorities.
- Provide guidance and education related to billing and charge capture of services to multiple staff levels; facilitate proper recording of transactions in compliance with state, federal, and other third-party payer guidelines.
- Identify front-end operation improvements and assist with the conduct re-retraining.
- Conduct special projects and special studies to facilitate revenue management as required for system conversions, new facilities/acquisitions, new departments, new service lines, changes in regulations, legal reviews, etc.
- Analyze billing error and denial data to identify root causes. Execute on work plans to correct identified deficiencies.
- Lead and participate in moderately complex projects related to revenue cycle initiatives.
- Prepare and present coding and operational materials at revenue cycle meetings
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree and 4-6 years of auditing, revenue cycle management experience in a health care environment.
Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, effectively presenting information to management, faculty practice groups and individuals
Excellent organizational and project management skills.
Strong time management, attention to detail, and follow through.
Well-developed research skills.
Strong knowledge of revenue cycle process, revenue integrity and its impact throughout the revenue cycle.
CPC Certification Preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.