Roche Holdings Inc. Regional Business Manager- Point of Care Diagnostics in New York, New York
Roche Professional Diagnostics provides integrated, high-performance analytical systems to optimize laboratory management from pre-analytical to post-analytical processes. We develop high quality solutions for diagnostics laboratories - from analyzers and test reagents to work-flow solutions. To maintain its leadership in technology and quality, Roche minimizes third party products with more than 75 percent of its assay portfolio developed and manufactured in-house. Roche is a successful company that can offer exciting career opportunities. We encourage and support your development in areas of your interest which will prepare you for the next level in your career path. We know that people are responsible for our success and we value our employees. Our commitment is to create a work environment where feeling valued, respected, and empowered is a daily experience. The Regional Business Manager manages the sale of the company's products or services to specific existing named or strategic accounts on a geographic basis. Manages a defined sales territory to achieve sales and financial targets in accordance with the company's strategic goals. Manages a staff of sales specialists and participates in the establishment of sales and financial goals for a given territory, designing and ensuring implementation of sales plans to achieve these goals. Responsible for hiring, terminating and implementing disciplinary decisions affecting employees. Interacts with sales leadership to communicate sales performance in territory, and cooperates with Marketing to implement promotional strategies and to monitor competitor's activities.
Will also assist the Director or senior leadership in overall operations of assigned department(s). Contributes and achieves results through the management of subordinates (professional and support staff). Establishes and manages the department's budget and all assigned resources. Provides leadership to ensure department objectives and goals are achieved. Directs and implements tactical plans. Has full discretion on all employment decisions for department staff including hiring, training, performance management, and progressive disciplinary actions.
Responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the quality system and achieving quality objectives through daily actions. The successful RBM: * Selects, trains, and provides ongoing feedback to direct reports via direct observation, meetings, and evaluations.
* Assumes a leadership role in establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with key high value customers to continually enhance overall revenues.
* Promotes cross-divisional communication, strategy, and tactical planning to maximize revenue generation.
* Understands market conditions and trends, develops long term strategies, and provides recommendations to high level management which may include the creation and delivery of presentations.
* Contributes and provides information to management regarding probability of sales, emerging customer issues, and competitor data as observed in area of responsibility. May also be required to provide reports to management summarizing various types of information (i.e. territory forecast, product recall, customer issues).
* Provides necessary administrative reports while overseeing budgets and expenses
Territory: MA, VT, NH, ME, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, CT
- You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* 3+ years relevant sales or equivalent experience with demonstrated success
* 1-2 years management or equivalent leadership experience with demonstrated strong competency and proven track record in sales management and leadership
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including making impactful presentations
* Negotiation, contracting and problem solving skills
* Ability to work within a regulated environment
* Strategic planning and organizational skills
* High levels of sales proficiency and/or industry specific experience
- As a global leader in healthcare, Roche Diagnostics offers a broad portfolio of products, tools and services that help in the prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases like HPV, HIV, hepatitis and diabetes as well as other medical conditions,such as fertility and blood coagulation. These products and services are used by researchers, physicians, patients, hospitals and laboratories worldwide to help improve people's lives.Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at .
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Location United States, New York | United States, Pennsylvania | United States, Rhode Island | United States, New Jersey | United States, New Hampshire | United States, Maine | United States, Maryland | United States, Massachusetts | United States, Vermont | United States, Connecticut | United States, Delaware
- Function Sales & Marketing
- Subfunction Sales Force
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Individual Contributor
- Job type Regular Employee
- Division Diagnostics
- Posted since 2018/04/17
- Posted until 2018/06/16
- Job-ID 2508325838
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.