RBC QMRG Validator in New York, New York
What is the opportunity?
The QMRG Validator performs independent review and challenge of forecasting qualitative methodologies (QM) used in RBC USA Holdco Corporation (RHIC) for the CCAR and DFAST regulatory exercises
What will you do?
- Engage QM owners and related stakeholders as necessary in order to proactively assess, document, and independently validate qualitative methodologies for their usage in different areas of CCAR/ DFAST
- Evaluate conceptual soundness of QMs, test QM inputs and assumptions, test QM performance and sensitivity to assumptions, and perform other standard validation functions
- Present and discuss validation findings with QM stakeholders and senior management
- Act as a trusted advisor and an effective challenger to QM owners and users
- Ensure RBC compliance with regulatory policies, guidelines and procedures on model risk
What do you need to succeed?
- Hold a university degree in a finance, accounting, engineering or related discipline
- At least 3 years of work experience in modeling in a similar or related role, such as model developer or model validator
- Strong understanding of US regulatory reform, CCAR process, and capital rules
- Familiarity with an extensive range of financial products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to independently conduct research on best practices in new and unfamiliar validation areas
- Foster an environment based upon responsibility and accountability to drive execution
- Outstanding analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail. Tenacity to identify the root cause of problems is essential
- Ability to execute with urgency while maintaining quality and efficiency
- Previous familiarity with CCAR modeling and stress testing
- Experience with market, credit and/or operational risk models
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Address: 200 Vesey Street
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: PL07
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2018-06-16
Req ID: 162310
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.