American Express Product Analyst, Global Customer Applications Platform (New York, NY) in New York, New York
The Analyst- GCAP Product in the Global Application Experience and Enablement team is responsible for the development and deployment of the Global Customer Applications Platform (GCAP) stories. The successful individual ensures that his/her Product meets the evolving needs of the enterprise through continual innovation, evaluation and deployment. Requires strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures. Coordinates the effort of a scrum team within a SAFE train (stakeholders, developers and analytics) to deploy the new features/stories across markets and products.
The Product Analyst has the responsibility for decision making and prioritization for his/her backlog, compliance, marketing, design and engineering leaders to convert the Scrum team backlog into a well-managed development roadmap with a set release cycle. The Product Analyst will report and assist the Product Manager and the Director Product Development.
- Identifying opportunities and driving roadmap, and features
- Leading the product functional design and UX design process based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Prioritizing engineering work and balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage;
- Evangelizing and demoing the product both internally and externally and shepherding products through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes;
- Interacting with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Brainstorming and negotiating effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature/story priority;
- Help your team develop products by making difficult tradeoffs and removing roadblocks;
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to insure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success;
- Prioritizing the scrum team backlog;
- Contributing to various team ceremonies.
Qualifications & Experience
A successful candidate will have: * 1 years in product development and delivery * A good balance of technical knowledge and a mindset of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first intent; * A background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Framework and principles is a plus; * Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product functionality; * Understanding of the evolving compliance and regulatory requirements and environment and how to incorporate technology, infrastructure and security requirements into the product design; * Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment; * High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability; * An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach; * CS degree related technical field is ideal.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Title: Product Analyst, Global Customer Applications Platform (New York, NY)
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 18003606