Promontory Financial Group, LLC Principal (Stress Testing) in New York, New York
|Principal (Stress Testing)|
|# of Openings||1|
Promontory Financial Group, LLC, an IBM Company is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Our senior professionals have served as partners of top law firms and leaders of financial regulators and global financial institutions, including positions such as general counsel or chief legal officer. Unlike many law and consulting firms, we focus upon a single core competency: mastery of U.S. and global financial regulation. In this arena, our professionals offer a unique blend of legal, regulatory, and management expertise, and we are generally engaged by the board or senior executives of leading financial institutions to assist with their most pressing, sensitive, and complex assignments.
With offices in ., Atlanta, Brussels, , Hong Kong, , , , , , , , and , Promontory is able to serve clients wherever their needs arise.
, former U.S. Comptroller of the Currency and former Vice Chairman of Bankers Trust/Deutsche Bank, founded Promontory in 2001. We have more than 300 professional employees, including many individuals who have held some of the most senior positions in leading regulatory agencies around the world.
These roles offer bright and ambitious individuals an excellent opportunity to develop their careers and build expertise in financial services. The individuals selected for these positions will work directly with the most senior staff in the firm on a wide range of issues and clients, which could include projects in Promontory’s overseas offices.
Promontory is committed to career development through a number of initiatives including a dedicated mentor program, as well as support in managing client relationships through regular practice sessions. Promontory offers a portfolio of competitive benefits which includes generous base salaries and discretionary bonuses, comprehensive medical benefits packages (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, etc.) and other industry leading benefits that include 6 months of paid parental leave.
In support of its continued growth, Promontory Financial Group, LLC is looking for accomplished risk management professionals with deep experience working for financial institutions to join our Stress Testing Solutions team at the Principal level. In this role, successful candidates will work directly with the Managing Directors to execute the successful and timely delivery of client engagements focused on stress testing of capital, liquidity and individual risks. Principals will also help to manage small teams of more junior delivery resources including the provision of mentorship. As a premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide, Promontory offers candidates a long-term career in a high performance environment with an opportunity to make an immediate and lasting impact.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively deliver with the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction to clients.
- Manage complex engagements from kick-off to completion with minimal direction.
- Ensure that all managed projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the standards required to meet the contractual commitments of the organization.
- Directly manage and mentor the project team members to ensure that they have the skills required to fulfill their obligations and are delivering their projects on-time and with the highest quality.
- Provide subject matter expertise related to the application of stress testing techniques across a variety of disciplines (capital, liquidity, and individual risks).
- Provide guidance on regulatory expectations related to capital planning and stress testing, specifically with respect to CCAR and DFAST.
- Provide guidance on risk management expectations, including stress testing, data, and reporting.
- Undertake effective thought leadership and market intelligence activities
- Maintain a solid understanding of the market, competition and support Promontory and the MDs with timely information on same.
- Work across the organization to communicate, transfer knowledge. provide insight and to collaborate, as needed.
- Attend conferences, participate in webinars and articles as needed to further the thought leadership, revenue generation and overall position of our Stress Testing Offerings.
- Work to support the sale of Stress Testing Offerings. Key goals include expanding existing client relationships and improving market presence.
- Provide effective and timely pre-sales support to the MDs within Promontory.
- With respect to proposal generation, ensure that the scope, timelines and fees are well considered, reflect our best estimates and meet overall margin requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory; MBA, Masters preferred.
- A related practitioner background, with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience. Previous consulting experience is a strong plus.
- Exceptional understanding of bank related risk management concepts with demonstrated expertise in several broad areas such as DFAST, CCAR, ICAAP, Basel II and III, Economic Capital, VAR at the enterprise and portfolio level.
- Experience with implementing governance and processes for DFAST and/or CCAR a plus.
- Prior experience in implementing or utilizing stress testing, capital planning and related risk management frameworks within a bank (DFAST, CCAR).
- Results-oriented with a strong record of accomplishment and ability to execute against plans and tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate effectively and generate positive results within a matrix structure.
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, buy-in and support across functions and at all levels).
- Ability to generate respect and positive reputation both internally and externally.
- Travel and performance of work at client locations globally, for periods of time ranging from days to weeks, is typical.
PROMONTORY FINANCIAL GROUP, LLC, AN IBM COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN
Promontory Financial Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer