Veolia North America Metering Technician in New York, New York
SourceOne, a division of Veolia Energy North America, is a national power management company providing support to commercial and industrial concerns requiring mission critical premium power essential to their operations. SourceOne services class-A real estate, data centers, biotech, financial institutions, manufacturers and telecommunications companies. For these entities SourceOne provides power (energy) related due diligence, power master planning, and power/commodity analysis/purchasing support as well as infrastructure development services including Central Plants and co-generation plants.
Scope & Responsibilities:
The Metering Technician will serve Veolia Energy/SourceOne as a customer support and performs field service on meter installations, reading of sub-meters, field testing of mechanical and electrical equipment, preparing reports, preparing purchase and installation specifications, commissioning and testing services and other duties tha t arise.
* Respond to service orders concerning commercial customers, including meter change outs, re-commissioning, and devices' troubleshooting.
* Use PC to commission/program commercial electronic meters (both kWh and demand) and complete all relevant paperwork associated with the assignment.
* Coordinate electrician presence onsite and execute project micro-management upon its completion. Follow-up on any new opportunities.
* Communicate with customers and co-workers, respond to inquiries in a timely fashion
* Perform other metering duties as required including occasional meter reading, tenant surveys, etc.
* Partake in department workflow, stay aware of ongoing projects and assist when necessary
Note: The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs.
Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver a 70-lb load.
* Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in electronics, computer technician, or instrumentation strongly preferred.
* At least 2 years related field work experience or any equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Ability to lift and maneuver a 70-lb load.
* Ability to visit multiple customer work sites to perform such duties as installing and maintaining metering equipment
* Serve as the customer support leader in troubleshooting equipment problems and answering customer inquiries
* Working knowledge of basic hand and electric tools 0
* 3 - 5 years' experience with low voltage electrical distribution and metering and sub-metering concepts
* 1 - 3 years' experience with project related energy services