Amazon Corporate LLC Manager, Solutions Architecture - Fortune 500 in New York, New York
DESCRIPTIONAmazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to lead, coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solution Architects. This role is a Northeast district leadership role for our Enterprise business leading a team of technical solution architects focused on Financial Services and Media customers.
You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring Managers for our Solutions Architects.In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills.You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:-At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
-Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise and mid-market customers.
-Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions, business-IT transformations, or relevant consulting experience. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect or similar role and managing a team of a Solutions Architects. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
Roles and Responsibilities:* Engage with customers and key AWS business partners such as professional services, partners, support, and the services teams.
* Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
* Educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
* Build and coach the team on the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
* Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
* Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates"
* Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS* BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree
* 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
* 3+ years sales, technical pre-sales, product development, or customer facing resources
* 5+ years experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, application development, and networking
* Ability to travel up to 30% as needed
* 5 years leading technical teams
* Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
* Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
* History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
* Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
* Familiarity with common enterprise services (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and common architecture frameworks (ITIL, Gartner, TOGAF, etc.)
* Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
* Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation