Crain Communications InvestmentNews Strategic Projects Sales Manager in New York, New York
InvestmentNews, the leading information source for financial advisers, has an opening for a Strategic Projects Sales manager. This role will oversee, develop and manage sales of our growing custom content, marketing strategy and research offerings. This individual would:
* Focus on developing executive-level relationships within the financial services industry,
* identify revenue opportunities at those firms
* structure and close custom content and research deals for one of InvestmentNews' fastest growing business units
The strategic project sales manager will specifically focus on selling InvestmentNews' custom research, content strategy solutions and video capabilities. This role requires a strategic thinker who can connect InvestmentNews' custom content and research capabilities with the sales, marketing and strategic needs of asset managers, insurance providers, broker-dealers and global custodians.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, independent individual who has strong business development and relationship kills, as well as the ability to be creative and bring innovative ideas to clients. This role will work directly with the content and distribution architects at InvestmentNews to develop truly enterprise custom programs. Command of the evolving media landscape and knowledge of the financial services market is a must.
May be based in New York office but could be a work from home.
* 10+ years of experience in a sales role
* Experience in an entrepreneurial, but goal-oriented media sales environment
* Background working within media with a focus on high quality content creation and content distribution, not on high quantity print or digital inventory only sales
* Must have proven track record and be able to provide a portfolio of case studies illustrating ability to independently source and close truly bespoke custom media projects
* Exceptional presentation skills and experience presenting to C-Suite clients and prospects
* Proven experience prospecting and developing new business, as well as managing and growing existing business
* Experience creating integrated media programs based on big ideas and innovative ways to use content
* Experience identifying, cultivating and converting prospects into clients
* Must be an organized self-starter who can clearly articulate challenges, opportunities and progress on a regular basis to team members
* Must be able to travel 10-20% since covering a national territory
* Experience with Salesforce
* Experience in a sales role which interfaces with financial services providers
* Existing relationships with key accounts within financial services industry preferred
InvestmentNews is the leading news source for financial advisers. The publication reports on developments that affect the business of financial advisers, including news of industry trends and competition, legislation, people, products, suppliers and technology. InvestmentNews also covers the economy, retirement issues, taxes, estate planning and investments including mutual funds, equities, bonds, alternatives and real estate. In addition to news, InvestmentNews hosts dozens of webcasts, conferences and roundtables throughout the year, bringing together financial advisers with key industry experts. Topics are industry-specific, developed specifically for financial advisers, and designed to help guide them with the best way to grow their practices.
Click HERE to visit us in our New York office.
Crain Communications has been at the forefront of the publishing industry for more than a century. Combining information with innovation, Crain delivers the story you can't get anywhere else. As a privately held company, we maintain a personal responsibility for elevating our work to be the best it can be. Every editor, reporter and correspondent at Crain shares the responsibility of ensuring the editorial independence and importance of our work. With an Audience First focus and uncompromising integrity, we strive to make a real impact for the individuals and industries we serve. While other media companies report the news, Crain gives it meaning. We add context to content, infuse information with insights, and initiate connections as well as conversations.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Follow Crain on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Glassdoor
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Employer's Job# INVES01058
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.