American Red Cross Human Resources Business Partner, Northeast Division (tele-work) in New York, New York
We are seeking a proven strategic HR Business Partner to support regional executives & their teams throughout the Northeast. The HR Business Partner will need to establish him/herself as an advisor to leaders on various HR issues and strategies.
This is a work-from home position with travel (40%) to support clients throughout the Northeast & New York state. Candidates will ideally be located in/around states in the Division (Maine, NH, NY, VT, MA, RI & NY not NYC).
- 7+ years serving in a HR Business Partner capacity
- 4 year degree in HR, Business, or related.
Preferred experience includes:
- HR support of multi-site &/or virtual staff
- Experience in facilitating live & virtual trainings for management & staff
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn and support various lines of business within Humanitarian Services
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 40%
This position serves as an HR Business Partner and business consultant for the Humanitarian Services business unit of the American Red Cross. Daily, the HR Business Partner works to strengthen the employer-employee relationship, to provide strategic leadership and influence, to engage clients in solving challenges using effective human capital management strategies, and to ensure the business has the tools and skills necessary to meet the organization's business goals and mission.
Working independently, the HR Business Partner delivers of a wide range of HR services to the employees and management team. This includes: employee relations, workplace investigations, labor relations/grievances, performance management, and HR trainings. This position requires well-rounded knowledge as an HR generalist, familiar with every discipline within HR to formulate workforce strategies that meet organizational goals and develop strategic solutions on employment-related issues. The HR Business Partner also provides day-to-day employee assistance.
The HR Business Partner collaborates with HR Centers of Expertise to deliver HR programs on organizational design, management development, and employee performance management trainings that are designed to meet organizational and performance goals. This position also partners with the Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards teams on recruitment, career development and compensation and benefits programs.
This position supports the Humanitarian Services business unit in the Northeast Division. The Division covers all of New England (Maine, NH, VT, MA, CT, Rhode Island) and all of New York except NYC. While this position can work from home, the average travel is 40%. Candidates will ideally be located close to an airport for access to travel around the division. Candidates can be located throughout the division and contiguous states.
As a member of the HR Service Delivery team within Human Resources department, the HR Business Partner reports to a HR Relationship Manager.
* Responsible for partnering and facilitating all HR Service Delivery initiatives to assigned business units within a geographic area.
* Function as a true business partner to provide clients with advice on key business objectives and execute on those strategies to solve business challenges.
* Consult to clients in key areas include employee relations, employee engagement, coaching, workforce planning, HR training, performance management, and labor relations.
* Consult with client groups on application/interpretation of laws and regulations, HR policies, performance issues, transfer, terminations and promotions and employee problem resolution. Influence business leaders through certain scenarios.
* Work with the business unit and Organizational Development to deliver and facilitate developmental opportunities for client groups, which may include performance management, succession/workforce planning, compensation/benefits, organization/team development, and change management.
* Monitor employee climate to identify issues/trends and develop recommendations for problem solving with business units as appropriate. Develop solutions to implement with the business units.
* Ensure compliance with established internal HR policies and procedures and regulatory requirements and conduct periodic audits, as needed/required.
* Manage specific projects as determined by the HR Senior Leadership Team and participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
* Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices, continued business acumen and key trends.
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, organizational development, or a related degree required. PHR/SPHR preferred.
* Seven years of experience in Human Resources business consulting.
* Extensive experience in employee relations and delivery on a wide range of HR strategic initiatives.
* Experience with multi site responsibility and HR populations in excess of 300 employees are preferred.
* Business and financial acumen, as well as general HR functional knowledge.
* Broad knowledge of employment law, compensation and organizational development.
* Experience operating and managing client groups in a highly matrixed & virtual work environment.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain collaborative work relationships within the organization at various levels.
* Must possess excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
* Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
* Knowledge of HRIS systems, basic HR measurement, and process improvement techniques required.
* Ability to travel up to an average of 40% and operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs.
*LI-POSTApply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.