RELX Group HR Business Partner in New York, New York
HR Business Partner
Location: New York, New York, United States
Main Activities and Responsibilities
• Support management on change management initiatives and lead HR work streams as required.
Identify and manage key metrics and analytics to support decisions driving the people agenda for the business
• Accountable for ensuring country legal and legislative compliance at all times (applicable in some regions)
• Partner with Business Leaders to execute on existing Operating Plans and develop plans to further improve profitability and revenue growth (support change initiatives, M&A activity and other key initiatives
• Function as the HR partner for business management teams / client group(s). Function as partner and confidante in all areas of Human Resources operations and work to address issues identified.
• Support workforce planning for assigned client group(s), ensuring short term and long term talent requirements are identified and action plans developed in partnership with talent acquisition organization
• Facilitate the deployment of all relevant Talent Management processes in assigned client group(s) to ensure identification, assessment and development of talent required to deliver business objectives.
• Champion talent management in the organization to ensure improved attraction, retention and development of staff in a way which improves performance of the business and builds the bench strength of the management team.
• Coach and develop the leadership team to work cohesively and effectively, building on their management capabilities and ensuring that they improve the performance and output of their own people resources.
• Work with the business management team and the Talent development CoE to identify and develop appropriate business and customer focused development programs.
• Drive effective implementation of the performance management processes to accomplish strategic initiatives and build a culture of effective coaching between managers and employees.
Engagement & Culture
• Communicate and reinforce the company's values, beliefs and philosophies about people to enable us to develop a high performing organization.
• Enhance company culture change by diagnosing current and desired states, gaps between them and actions necessary to move from one to the other.
• Support and/or lead business projects e.g. Employee Opinion Survey, as required
• Ensure equitable and consistent management of the company's compensation programs working with Compensation and senior management in reviewing business needs and attracting and retaining key talent to ensure competitiveness within market. Including supporting the compensation plan nominations and proposals.
Employee Relations & Performance Management
• Working with line managers, provide personal performance coaching and feedback to key individuals in business area and identify solutions for coaching and development needs.
• Manage employee relation matters as appropriate.
Functional and Technical Competencies
• Experience as an HR Business Partner to a Business Unit
• Expertise in HR specializations including Comp & Ben, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Performance Development
• Business oriented HR professional who is keenly interested in the customer and commercial aspects of the business
• Excellent analytical skills, business reporting and a fact based decision making style
• Passion for performance coaching and management at all levels
• Strong communications and influence skills
• Project management and coordination skills with the ability to deliver complex change project
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
• Bachelor's degree
• HR Business Partner experience, experience in a global environment preferred
• Experience of working in the high-tech industry and managing transformation of technology capability preferred
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.