NYU Hospitals Center FGP Billing Coordinator in New York, New York
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute¿designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Billing Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate manages and coordinates all aspects of charge submission and accounts receivable in defined FGP(s). Oversee practice operations as they relate to the aforementioned and implement change where necessary. Prepares financial and/or operational analyses and reports, and audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of operations. Reviews and advises physicians and staff with regard to local and national coding and reimbursement policies
- Updates all fee charges and procedural codes on a timely basis.
- Composes information in a clear and well written manner
- Reviews monthly financial reports on a timely basis.
- Prepares status and ad-hoc reports.
- Works with Billing company to review and resolve denial issues.
- Prepares weekly utilization reports summarizing volumes and charges submitted to the billing company.
- Prepares reports and documentation in accordance with practice/fgp guidelines.
- Develops payment schedules (FGP) based on reason, availability of resources, and patients ability to pay.
- Responds to patient circumstances and explanations based on thorough assessment of situation.
- Reviews daily schedules to verify patient insurance information and MD Benefits.
- Explains billing procedures to patients, and identifies patient responsibilities.
- Works with patients and guarantors to clarify financial responsibilities.
- Serves as billing coordinator/ back up for FGP practices.
- Reports to Management regularly and requests intervention where necessary.
- Works with staff to maximize operational efficiency and clearly explains proper work procedures and methods for charge submission and accounts receivable follow-up.
- Interacts with vendors and independent contractors as it relates to billing and collections.
- Reviews deposits to ensure steady cash flow. Reconciles deposits compared to the billing log.
- Collaborates with practice personnel and administration to implement change to practice operations where necessary.
- Reviews office procedures as they relate to charge submission, accounts receivable management and appropriate internal controls; recommends suggestions, ideas and solutions to improve operational processes.
- Serving as a liaison to the outside billing service for questions, data request, and other inquiries; reviewing charge encounter forms for complete CPT code, ICD-9 code and other required billing information on a daily basis.
- For ensuring the timely and accurate collection, preparation and verification of billing information submitted to the outsourced billing service.
- Responsible for all aspects of correct and timely charge submission, and works with billing company and hospital staff to insure proper accounts receivable management.
- Adheres to general practice and FGP guidelines on compliance issues and patient confidentiality.
- Maintains current Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) certificate.
- Reviews resources including (but not limited to): CPT and ICD-9 manuals, payer policy and procedure manuals and updates and CMS publications to ensure practices are compliant with current policies and procedures.
- Educates physicians, staff and management on new policies and changes to existing policies.
- Serves as resource to physicians, staff and management regarding local and national coding and reimbursement policies.
- Responsible for advising physicians, management and staff of local and national coding and documentation policies.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience or equivalent combination or training and relevant work experience. Ability to multi-task and prioritize.Good communication, interpersonal and computer skills. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff and patients. Detail oriented with high level of accuracy for reviewing charge batch submissions, preparing and presenting analyses. Stays up to date with industry requirements. Knowledge of medical terminology required. Familiar with standard office equipment
Current medical coding certification (CPC) preferred
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.