HSBC Equity Derivatives Middle Office Trade Control in New York, New York
Responsible for managing post trade support activities such as break investigation, trade validations, resolve trade/settlement discrepancies and trade life cycle management
Primary Responsibility/Essential Functions
- Provide trade support to Equity Derivatives & Prime Finance front office in New York. Responsibilities include but not limited to trade validations to front office systems, cash equity/stock loan breaks, trade break investigation, review QMS from offshore teams.
- Interact with Front office Trading and Sales, Operation teams, product control and external counterparties to resolve trade discrepancies and escalation issues.
- Compile daily and monthly reporting to management
- Deliver high priority client service to meet client and internal expectations which directly impacts the customers perception of HSBC
Responsible for global connectivity and communication with global counterparts to ensure consistency and alignment to target operating models within the Middle Office Decision Making Responsibility
Ability to apply judgment to operational situations in a fast paced environment to drive progress
- Identify potential financial risk to the bank and ensure proper resolution is achieved within the bank’s guidelines
- Timely escalation when necessary for issues that may cause financial loss to the bank or that could affect client relationships
- When making decisions regarding cost, demonstrate a commercial mind-set with a focus on value for money.
Articulate cost benefits clearly and provide transparency regarding actual savings. Management of Risk
Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand Observation of Internal Controls
Each employee must maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Minimum of 2 years experience of Equity Derivatives Operations
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Business or Finance
- Knowledge of Sophis preferred EEO/AA/Minorities/Women/Disability/Veterans
Title: Equity Derivatives Middle Office Trade Control
Location: New York-New York
Requisition ID: 0000AUX1