Kelly Services Director of Business Operations III in New York, New York
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Global Medical Communications Director/Director of Business Operations III. This is a remote position (you will be able to work from home). The duration of this contract assignment is 18 months and it is for one of our top clients. Kelly is a full service workforce solutions provider to 98% of the Fortune 100™ companies. We provide employment to more than 700,000 people annually and we deal with some of the largest and best companies both nationally and locally.
Primary Responsibilities of the Global Medical Communications Director/Director of Business Operations III includes:
• Lead Publication Steering Committees (PSC) for assigned compound(s) to develop global publication plans including abstract submissions, congress presentations and manuscripts
• Collaborate with Medical Strategy Head (MSH) to develop asset-level communication strategies and ensure alignment of regional and global-level medical strategies.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external authors through engagement with ongoing publication activities, including congress presentation slide reviews and external publication steering committee meetings (as appropriate)
• Develop key internal and external communications, including digital initiatives that present and share key scientific data
• Collaborate with Publications Management Team (PMT) specialists to manage publication operations activities with the medical writing agency
• Provide internal and external Medical Communication support including medical-to-medical slide sets, Q&A documents, scientific platforms, global newsletters, and pre- and post-congress reporting
• Develop publication plans for assigned assets and ensure timely development of associated publications and presentations within the plan
• Support medical strategy heads and asset teams with the reporting of relevant publication activities cross-funtionally
• Manage stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally, for publication plans and activities
• Contribute to other internal and external communications activities including medical-to-medical slide sets, Q&A documents, scientific platforms, global newsletters, and pre- and post-congress reporting
• Internal stakeholders: clinical, biostatistics, medical affairs, legal, compliance
• External stakeholders: authors and agencies
• Represent global medical communications within a matrix organization through a strong track record of excellent presentation, customer facing, and interpersonal skills
• Direct external vendors and manage budgets, timelines, and quality of deliverables
• Grasp scientific context and assimilate perspectives from stakeholders
• Strong track record of written and oral communication skills to develop and present scientific information to varied audiences and articulate messages succinctly
• Understand detailed technical information and convey complex ideas to a variety of audience types and cultures
• Strong organizational skills to track numerous tasks for multiple simultaneous projects in a deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to commute into the office Monday through Thursday. Team works from home on Fridays.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time to medical congresses, both domestic and international
Education and Experience Requirement of the Global Medical Communications Director/Director of business Operations III includes :
• Minimum 5-7 years pharmaceutical industry with 2+ years’ experience in Medical Affairs/Medical Communications/Medical Communications Agency
• Experience in global medical communications, ideally in Oncology
• Experience with scientific peer-reviewed publications, ICMJE Authorship Guidelines and Good Publication Practice Guidelines
• Bachelors’ degree in a biological science, healthcare, or communications
• Advanced scientific/healthcare degree strongly preferred (PharmD, PhD, MS, etc.)
Contract assignment, duration 18 months.
Work schedule: full-time, first shift.
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase—and the coverage is portable*
Service bonus plan and Holiday pay plan, if qualified
Weekly electronic pay options
Free online training campus available
Exclusive online employee community
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position you must submit your resume to the Scientific Recruiter listed below:
Sandy at: Sanm174@KellyServices.com
Thank you for your interest in the assignment.
Why Kelly ® ?
Services ® , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100 ™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
AboutKelly Services ®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.