Bank of America Cyber Security Strategic Threat Analyst in New York, New York
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Cyber Security Defense (CSD) function within Global Information Security is responsible for all aspects of threat intelligence and monitoring, application and network security, and insider threat. In addition, the CSD team drives out the enterprise-wide cyber exercise program.
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for helping to define, drive, and deliver major components of Bank of America’s security strategy. You will work with the Program leader on complex, multi-million dollar projects that deliver world-class User/Data Protection controls in support of strategy. Knowledge and experience with information security controls, infrastructure and implementation techniques is a key component to this role. You will demonstrate extraordinary organizational and cross-functional communication skills to drive data loss prevention best practices across the Enterprise.
In this role, you will partner with Global Information Security (GIS) senior leaders to assist with defining the strategy and roadmaps for technology products, service standards, and governance routines that impact the global Corporation. You will be partnering with leadership across the Bank to design controls, governance routines, and service alternatives that improve the firm’s defenses against Insider risks.
You may direct multiple major technology teams within Global Technology that research, engineer, test, implement, communicate, monitor, and maintain solutions supporting the Bank’s information security policies and/or procedures. You will utilize your in-depth knowledge and business requirements to design and engineer secure solutions to meet customer/client needs, or to address critical audit findings while protecting the Bank's data assets.
• Deep experience with Insider Threat as a focus area within Information Security
• Knowledge of User and Entity Behavior Analytics and associated technologies
• Familiarity Unstructured Data inspection technology
• Experience and hands on knowledge with Data Loss Prevention security controls
• Experience Web Proxy controls
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite including MS Project and Visio
• Ability to navigate and work effectively across a complex, geographically dispersed organization
• Exceptional communication and customer relationship skills
• Ability to build consensus and cooperation as well as to influence, interact and negotiate with senior leadership in the organization
• Knowledge of change and project management methodologies and principles and the ability to integrate them into project design
• Broad knowledge of Information Security technologies, techniques and processes
• Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and vocabulary
• Experience leading complex technical projects, meeting target timelines, facilitating project meetings, authoring project documentation, issue resolution, and project resource identification
• Demonstrable ability to self-direct project outcomes, with minimal supervision to achieve program goals
• Excellent process design capability to improve overall efficiency, mitigate resource conflicts, and improve customer/client experience
• College Degree
Enterprise Role Overview
As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products. Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations. Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures. Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs. Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Posting Date : 03/13/2018
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
New York, NY, Jones Lang Lasalle, 1133 Ave of the Americas,
Charlotte, NC, 13510 BALLANTYNE CORPORATE PL (NC2109),
Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044),
Oakton, VA, OAKTON MAIN BC, 2936 Chain Bridge Rd,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.