New York Life Insurance Co Controls and Project Management Support in New York, New York
New York Life Insurance Company (New York Life or the company) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Lifes surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa; Standard & Poors AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanitythe values upon which New York Life was foundedhave guided the companys decisions and actions for over 170 years.
* Provide deep subject matter expertise regarding IT controls to the IAM program
* Provide project management oversight for the integrated IAM program and all of its workstreams
* Manage vendors supporting the IAM Program (e.g., monitor SLAs, review deliverables to ensure they meet our standards)
* Partner with team members to ensure controls are properly integrated into IAM program architecture
* Perform first line self-assessments of IAM control design and operating effectiveness in partnership with 1LOD and 2LOD IT Risk and Control teams.
* Coordinate with internal/external risk and control functions (e.g., Risk Management, CISO, Corporate Audit, External Auditors) to improve integration of governance, risk and compliance functions into the IAM program.
* Act as liaison with internal audit, external auditor and state regulators for IT internal control issues related to IAM.
* Partner with Change Management and Communications to develop an effective first line adoption strategy for new/changed IAM processes.
* Bachelors Degree with credits in Accounting, Finance, MIS or Computer Science with 6-10 years experience in IT audit.
* Strong knowledge of IT general, application and end user computing controls is required
* Experience managing large projects ($1M)+ is required
* Big Four experience is required
* CISA, CISSP, CRISC, CPA, CIA preferred
* Demonstrated leadership and ability to manage and supervise staff/consultants in a highly productive environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate with various levels of management, internal customers and auditors
* Strong management/supervisory, interpersonal and analytical skills
* Team oriented. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and shift priorities as necessary
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
*Based on revenue as reported by Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual), Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
**Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the companys long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Companys profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believe...