Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc Class A Driver in New York, New York
As a Class A Driver you will be operating a tanker transporting clean solvent from the Linden facility to other Clean Harbors facilities. This will include a labor component due to lifting hoses and climbing up and down truck to hook and unhook those hoses. This position will require you to be away from home 3-5 nights per week, but you will only work the occasional weekend. This position will also offer the opportunity for overtime as you will work an average of 10-14 hours per day.
Key Responsibilities of Class A Driver:
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies & processes and acting in a safe manner at all time;
- Picks up and loads hazardous and non-hazardous materials utilizing a tanker truck;
- Completes pre and post trip inspections and advises management on any required repairs;
- Completes the proper documentation for the job using handheld units and/or paper documenting techniques, including: daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports;
Qualifications of Class A Driver:
- Clean Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements;
- Minimum of 1-year previous tanker driving experience;
- Previous hydraulic pumping experience preferred;
- Comfortable and proficient in completing all DOT required paperwork;
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout United States and Canada, as well as Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company serves a diverse customer base, including a majority of the Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies. Through its Safety-Kleen subsidiary, Clean Harbors also is a premier provider of used oil recycling and re-refining, parts washers and environmental services for the small quantity generator market. For many positions, we have implemented a Competency Based Progression and Pay Program, which directly rewards employees for developing increased proficiency in their key job functions through training and experience. At Clean Harbors you are offered unique opportunities for all stages of your career.
Clean Harbors offers all eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K, tuition reimbursement, and generous paid time off
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
To learn more about our company visit us at www.cleanharbors.com.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.