Yeshiva University Casual Staff -Alumni Leaders in New York, New York
|Casual Staff -Alumni Leaders|
|Employee Classification||Temporary and/or Hourly|
|Department||YU High School for Girls|
|Campus : Location||US-NY-Queens|
Founded in 1886, (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 6,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
- Teach a once-a-week informal class on Fridays (as per the school calendar) to seniors, in small groups
- Permitted to miss 4 Fridays
- Leaders will make themselves available to attend all five school shabbatons
Experience and Educational Background:
- Must be a Central Graduate
- Must be 2 years after graduation, including the gap year in Israel
Skills and Competencies:
- Capable in Jewish Studies text skills
- Ability to design and select appropriate source material
- Ability to teach and guide small groups
- Appropriate representative of school values
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.