Epiq Systems Inc Associate Systems Administrator in New York, New York
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Working as an Associate Systems Administrator for the Document Review Services business unit of Epiq, primary responsibilities will be as such: 1. The provisioning, troubleshooting, and management of document review platforms and office productivity related applications made available across 1, 500 HP Thin Client computers via VMWare View. This position requires you to coordinate closely with the network, infrastructure, sales, and recruiter teams as well as external clients and vendors. 2. Assisting with the management and administration of local server, network, and desktop infrastructure in DRS (Document Review Services) field offices. This also will require close coordination with onsite staff, both technical and non-technical.
This is a very dynamic and fast-paced position. We are looking for an eager and capable technician to grow within the company as the team and roles change over time. Excellent verbal and written skills are a must and as with any IT role, occasional travel, on-call, and after hours / weekend work will be required.
1. Regarding the Thin Client VMWare management, the Administrator will work with various management teams to develop, test, and provision document review platforms to various nationwide document review centers. You will occasionally be required to work with an external hardware vendor to configure hardware for offsite client review projects. For the duration of a review project, honed troubleshooting skills and understanding the interaction between distributed desktop, server, and remote web-based applications will be paramount. This will require the ability to troubleshoot Windows, browser, and connectivity issues, while liaising with our internal Infrastructure and Server teams.2. Regarding the infrastructure management, the Administrator will work with internal staff, other members of Technical Services, and third parties to troubleshoot server, storage, and network infrastructure issues at our DRS field offices. This will primarily be Meraki Cisco network equipment, Cisco firewalls, and printers, however some sites have legacy server infrastructure that will need to be transitioned/decommissioned/repurposed.
- Advanced knowledge of Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox configuration
- Working understanding of desktop and application virtualization systems such as VMWare or Citrix.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Email, and basic productivity applications.
- Experience working with remote access and control software such as RDP, VNC, Team Viewer, etc.
- Physical Networking: connections from computer to patch panel to switches. Basic understanding of network cabling, VLANs, and Access Control Lists.*Note we are not looking for a high-level network administrator, but basic knowledge is required.
- Windows 7, 10
- Adding network printers
- IPv4 Networking including subnets and using ping and tracert tools.
- Microsoft Server
- Working understanding of Microsoft Active Directory (Domains, Users, OUs, and GPOs)
Desired Knowledge: (These skills are not required, but would be advantageous for this position)
- Working knowledge of VMWare View desktop and application virtualization environments
- HP Device Manager for Thin Client administration and remote management.
- HP/DELL ThinClient computers
- Advanced Windows 7, Windows 10
- Moderate Server 2008 R2
- Basic Linux Command Line
- 2 years of mid-level IT work experience required
- Bachelors or Associates degree in CIS related field desired
- Technical Certifications: A, Network, etc. in lieu of advanced degree
Compensation: TBD depending on experience and skill set.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO