The College Board Associate Editor in New York, New York
The College Board is conducting a search for an Associate Director to work in AP Curricular Publications. The Associate Director will be responsible for editing and coordinating the production of AP's print and electronic curricular publications and communications, and works closely with other units inside and outside of the College Board to ensure that curricular information is appropriately planned, designed, developed, distributed, and evaluated. Expected to write, edit, copyedit, and proof as needed to maximize product content, quality, packaging, and marketability while meeting deadline and budget goals.
* Serve as editor of select AP publications, print and electronic communications, and web site content. Responsible and accountable for substantive editing of content, with particular attention paid to overall style, pacing, and structure, as well as line-editing for AP Program style, brand positioning, clarity, and consistency across titles.
* Contribute to AP Curricular Publications work reviewing and revising all elements of our print and electronic publications. This includes contributing to the creation of samples or prototypes of new publications, new content for existing publications and new design treatments. Taking part in focus groups and review programs to gather input from teachers. Implement revisions to both content and design to improve the quality of curricular publications.
* Supervise editorial work conducted by vendors, consultants, and production units on publications, print and electronic communications, and web site content-i ncluding, but not limited to, AP Curriculum Frameworks, lab manuals, AP Course Descriptions, and curricular web content across all AP subjects-ensuring that AP Program policies, processes, information, and resources are communicated clearly, accurately, and consistently.
* Guide titles through the publishing process by working with design, production, and sales and marketing. Work with Project Manager, as needed, to guide the distribution of the AP Program's print and electronic publications, including ADA compliant materials, while adhering to strict schedules and deadlines, and working with other programs and departments to ensure cross-program messages are communicated in efficient and effective ways. Route publications to AP Central as appropriate.
* Assist in a variety of program management tasks related to AP publications and communications, including: tracking and monitoring program publications budgets at the College Board and ETS; coordinating program component s with other departments/divisions/consultants; preparing reports and recommending adjustments in policies and procedures, and supporting efforts to continuously improve communications planning, content development, and production and distribution processes
* Bachelor's degree in related field
* 4-6 years of experience in developmental editing and copyediting.
* Project management experience a plus.
* Experience in the development of curricula or instructional materials preferred.
* Experience in managing content across multiple channels (print and digital media) preferred.
Related Skills & Other Requirements
* Superior communications skills -able to work core groups to help shape, direct and manage content that is timely, accurate, compelling, and engaging
* Excellent conceptual and interpersonal abilities to work effectively with other team members and outside suppliers; ability to efficiently manage a number of complex, multifaceted projects simultaneously
* Strong organizational skills and attentiveness to detail.
* Ability to work independently, takes initiative, and function effectively in a team environment.
* Computer literacy, including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Acrobat and Indesign)
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package which includes 4 weeks of paid time off, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement and ongoing professional development and training.
The College Board's mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. We are a not-for-profit membership organization committed to excellence and equity in education. Among our best-known products are the SAT®, PSAT/NMSQT®, and Advanced Placement Program®. The College Board is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College Board participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. Please understand that only qualified applicants