Yeshiva University Assistant Professor of Computer Science (tenure-track) in New York, New York
|Assistant Professor of Computer Science (tenure-track)|
|Position Type||Regular Full-Time|
|Campus : Location||US-NY-Wilf-Amsterdam Ave & 185th St|
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education psychology, social work, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to “bring wisdom to life” through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
Yeshiva College of Yeshiva University invites applications for tenure-track faculty at the assistant professor level in computer science (undergraduate). Candidates must have, or be completing, a Ph.D., or its equivalent in professional experience. Salary is competitive. The teaching component of this position begins January 2019.
Please submit curriculum vitae and three letters of recommendation with your application. Please provide copies of papers and patents, and links to any open source work. Questions regarding the search can be directed to and .
- Further the state of the art in computer science via research and open source contributions
- Teaching courses in the data science track, including Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing, as well as other C.S. courses as needed
- Mentor/guide students in their intellectual and professional development
- Ensuring that the department's course offerings and priorities remain state-of-the-art and aligned with requirements, expectations, and applications, of industry and research in the area of data science
- Potential to teach at the graduate level in the future
Experience and Educational Background:
- Must have, or be completing, a Ph.D., or its equivalent in professional experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated expertise in both practice and scholarship in computer science, especially machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Proven teaching ability
- Industry experience
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.