Capital One Services, LLC Administrative Assistant III in New York, New York
Job ID: R4510311 West 19th Street (22008), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Administrative Assistant III
A great opportunity exists for a detail-oriented, innovative, and experienced Administrative Assistant professional to support an executive and his leaders in the Commercial Banking Business of Capital One.
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," the ideal candidate can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to Capital One's corporate culture of "excellence" and "doing the right thing".
The ideal candidate for this highly visible role will possess an elevated set of moral and ethical principles, promote the value of trust throughout the organization, consistently keep commitments, and employ exceptional follow-through. S/he should demonstrate personal integrity and earn the trust of associates by communicating openly.
Administrative Assistants at Capital One perform an array of administrative and clerical functions essential to running an organization efficiently. The successful candidate will serve as an information and communication manager for an office, plan and schedule meetings by managing calendars; handle travel arrangements; create expense reports and disseminate information. There are opportunities for personal and professional fulfillment in a dynamic, technologically-progressive organization.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Provide an exceptional standard of support for the MVP by serving as the central point of contact.
- Organize meetings by generating invitations and coordinating complex calendars, in addition to reserving meeting rooms. S/he will organize catering, audio/video, and other essential services as needed.
- Organize team events and functions for the team.
- Schedule travel and create expense reports using Capital One systems.
- Leverage experience with all office landscapes such as scanners, fax machines, copy machines, and multi-line phones.
- Maintain highly organized confidential files and records.
- Manage multiple projects, taking on new responsibilities, autonomously provide solutions and assistance, and handle novel issues.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and should possess the confidence and poise to work with the leadership team, other administrative professionals and various external stakeholders. S/he will be pro-active, have a strong attention to detail, good team dynamics, and an ability to work independently as needed. Occasional travel may be required.
Specific candidate competencies include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourcefulness with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills, and understanding of the urgency of matters relating to the executive and the department.
- Strong judgment, emotional intelligence, and integrity are essential for this position.
- Must be transparent in their communications and work with highly confidential information.
- Must be highly motivated, energetic, extremely personable and comfortable working closely with executive management.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification, or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of administrative support experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of administrative support responsibilities with a high emphasis on successfully maintaining a 1:1 relationships with executives.
- Experience with Google Suite
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.