TD Bank Director in New York City, New York
Auto req ID 199483BR
Job Title Director
Job Status Full Time
Country United States
Province/State New York
City1 New York City
Location NYC - 52nd St (2nd Fl)
Business line TD Securities
Job Category - Primary Securities | Wholesale Banking
Job Category(s) Securities | Wholesale Banking
TD Description TD Securities provides a wide range of capital market products and services to corporate, government and institutional clients. The firm works with clients around the world, focusing selectively and strategically on the key financial centers: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Vancouver, New York, London, Singapore and Tokyo. www.td.com
The Director, TDS Sales and Trading is responsible for the development of the bank’s Global Markets Business in New York, ensuring positions are within approved limits, while maintaining and enhancing the Bank’s profile and market share.
• Position liaises closely with the bank’s other operations in New York and Toronto to assist in meeting the banks objectives.
• Strict adherence personally and at a desk level to the firm's procedures.
• Understands and complies with TD Policies, regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Ensures that transactions are fully documented and processed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Strong communicator of bank, policy information and strategy between the product head and relevant trading personnel.
• Fully informed on market data, economic information and key industry
developments as well as regulatory standards at all times to assist in maximizing profitability through sound trading decisions
• Position develops and maintains contacts with market participants.
• Responsible for being aware of and understanding the approved Business Strategies (Strategic Business Reviews – SBR’s), applicable to your business, and ensuring that all business dealings are in alignment with these strategies.
• If a Trader or are in a Hybrid role, in your capacity as a Trader, you are bound by your Trading Authority Letter (TAL), as attached as an addendum to this Job Description.
• If a Trader or are in a Hybrid role, in your capacity as a Trader, you are bound by the Market Risk Policies applicable to your business and are responsible for being aware of and understanding the approved Trading Strategies (associated with the respective Market Risk Policies) applicable to your business, and ensuring that all of your trading activity is in alignment with those Strategies.
• Responsible for ensuring that trades are entered into the trading system on a timely basis and for ensuring that positions are appropriately valued.
• If in a Sales or Hybrid role, in the Sales role capacity, you must obtain a current market price from an appropriate trader, either verbally or electronically, before committing to a binding transaction.
• Bound by Credit Risk Policies and procedures, as they apply to your business and are responsible for being aware of and understanding such policies and procedures and ensuring that trading activity is in line with those policies.
• Required to read and understand the Trading Supervision Standard.
• Undergraduate degree in Business (Accounting or Finance) or Mathematics/Economics.
• Series 7 and 63 required
• 7-10+ years related experience
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) New York
City (Primary) New York City