JetBlue Airways Corp. Planner Maintenance in Long Island City, New York
The Maintenance Planner forecasts, plans, and schedules maintenance events to maintain FAA regulatory compliance. The Maintenance Planner ensures no overfly activity of maintenance tasks while balancing the needs of Technical Operations with other internal/external customers.
* Manage plot and routing changes such that all maintenance events are within the time interval (i.e. flight hours, cycles, etc.) of the task while accounting for manpower, ground time, parts, tooling, facilities, weather, etc.
* Coordinate aircraft availability with Maintenance Planning, System Operations and Maintenance Control to support scheduled maintenance
* Review short, mid, and long term maintenance forecasts
* Track the timely completion of each aircraft s deferred maintenance items.
* Schedule and track accomplishment of Aircraft Service and Weekly Checks, as well as other low-time items, including MELs
* Coordinate recovery plan in the event the system operation is impacted by delays or cancellations
* Ensure compliance with and tracking of aircraft to designated maintenance locations to meet projected induction date into JetBlue system (i.e. maintenance ferries, repositioning flights, etc.)
* Collaborate with System Operation, Airports and Technical Operations Leadership to identify operational issues which impact TDR, D0, and Fleet Launch.
* Build work packages within M&E System Maintenance & Engineering
* Support Heavy Check Packages and changes, as needed
* Balance workload and ensure timely publication of the daily workload
* Coordinate material requirements for workload with material and line maintenance.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
* One (1) year of aviation experience in Routing, Maintenance, Maintenance Planning and/or Materiel Planning
* Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
* Proficient with Microsoft Office
* Proficient in TRAX and Sabre/FliteTrac Plot
* Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), Airworthy Directives (AD) and Service Bulletins (SB)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to work well with others
* Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor s Degree in Aviation or Business
* Two (2) years aviation experience in Routing, Maintenance, Maintenance Planning and/or Materiel Planning
* Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
* Establishing credible cross-divisional relationships
* Results oriented with the ability to balance diverse and dynamic operational requirements
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Flexibility, agility and change management skills
* Ability to work under pressure, multitask and make critical decisions in a fast pace environment
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Promote JetBlue s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
* Upholding JetBlue s safety performance metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal office environment
* Shift work required
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employer's Job# 34607
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.