|Sales Associate FT/ Bay Ridge|
Location: Bay Ridge
City and State: Brooklyn, NY
Hours: 40 a week to include
Requisition ID: 6755
Position Type: Full time
Salary Grade: N13
The Sales Associate will perform a variety of routine banking transactions while identifying, recommending and selling additional bank products and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Service customers by performing all monetary transactions; sells all bank products and assists with other service needs. Meets with customers to maximize sales opportunities.
- Discuss/sell loan products to existing and prospective customers.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales, referral and service quality goals.
- Opens new accounts, i.e. checking, savings, certificate of deposit and IRA's.
- Utilize technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin Machines.
- Adhere to the VNB Code of Conduct and Service Quality Standards.
- Perform duties related to balancing individual cash and end of day proof.
- Perform office work as necessary or assigned.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities and make referrals.
- Comply with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act) requirements and, where applicable, registration requirements.
- Follow bank established guidelines regarding customer service and deliver excellent customer service in accordance with Valley's mission statement.
- Maintain compliance with Bank's established dress code.
- Assist in community events.
- Perform other duties in absence of management.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Basic PC skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of one year cash handling and customer service experience.
- College Degree preferred.
- Banking experience preferred.
Valley National Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.