NYU Lutheran Medical Center Nursing Administrative Support Supervisor in Brooklyn, New York
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Admin Support Supervisor.
In this role, the successful candidate The Supervisor reports directly to the Nurse Manager, and is responsible for supervising clerical support staff, providing administrative support to all nursing staff and coordinating a variety of projects. The Supervisor works with internal and external parties to provide administrative support to meet objectives that are necessary to initiate and track projects, ensure time keeping for employees is up to date and accurate.
- Supervises staff with responsibility for all personnel related activities, with the authority to hire, evaluate, discipline and terminate. Delegates assignments efficiently and monitors them through completion, defining expected outcomes and time parameters to employee. Allocates resources appropriately so that task can be accomplished in a timely manner. Distributes assignments equitably and allocates resources appropriately. Establishes unit administrative procedures to be followed on on-going basis.
- Evaluates staff performance, approaching the performance review process constructively and conducts it in accordance with Human Resources and departmental guidelines and procedures. Offers continuing guidance and assistance to employees on work activities, procedures and performance-related issues as appropriate. Ensures leadership is kept aware of performance of each employee on an ongoing basis. Addresses any performance related issues promptly.
- Provides administrative and project support, develops unit related policies, procedures, and systems which ensures productive and efficient administrative operations, and improvement of the units workflow. Maintains a portfolio of projects and exercises judgment to assist in the planning, preparation, organization, analyzing, coordination, and delivery of projects and department specific programs and initiatives. Works with internal and external parties to organize the various components of the project(s).
- Acts as the unit project manager, including planning and creating timelines, identifying milestones and documenting project progress. Compiles and organizes data and notes. Manages project plan independently with the authority to hold project participants accountable for project deliverables, and identifying and taking action to eliminate risk. Apprises leadership of project status timely.
- Develops efficient tracking system that ensures adherence to regular and ongoing compliance, education and training requirements of the unit. Creates and maintains master educational roster, tracks enrollment, attendance and sends reminders to staff to ensure compliance. Ensures corrective action is taken for non-compliant staff as needed. Manages employee enrollment/rescheduling of classes etc. in iDevelop. Researches and suggests new learning opportunities to enhance the performance of the unit.
- Manages administrative compliance activities for the unit. Maintains and audits all regulatory documents and files to ensure they meet compliance standards. Organizes the information efficiently and logically for easy retrieval, and ensures regulatory audit readiness at all times. Develops tracking system to ensure updated documents are provided and stored timely and properly. Follows up with individuals/departments to obtain necessary documents. Exhibits an in-depth knowledge of the regulatory requirements of the units and how it pertains to compliance.
- Manages, initiates, monitors and as needed troubleshoots HR/Payroll transactions in appropriate systems (Kronos, MSS, etc.). Assists management with creation of new positions, including writing draft job description, running and analyzing reports and presents findings/trends on various position/personnel issues from MSS.
- Compiles and prepares reports based on information readily available, extracts information pertinent to applicable units, verifies information, determines report format and summarize findings independently. Research problems, issues and concerns and responds to requests for information related to data.
- Prepares a variety of original communications, reports, charts, and written documents for leadership that details findings which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, identifies needed resources and arranging for required support (i.e. Technical, A/V, etc.). Organize logistic arrangements, including negotiating rates with vendors, coordinate itineraries and meeting materials as needed. Maintains and disseminates process documentation to participants and updates project plans accordingly.
- Manages complex time reporting, including preparing master time report for leadership approval. Researches any discrepancies and resolves pay and time-entry issues before presenting for approval. Reviews and monitors all changes for accuracy. Ensures accuracy of payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers and rate changes. Researches and resolves questions from staff related to the processing of payroll information such as accruals, overtime and issues related to payroll. Acts as units designee for participation in payroll/timekeeping administration and policy committees.
- Collaborates with various NYUMC departments including but not limited to clinical engineering and logistics to obtain quotes from vendor. Exercise judgment as it relates to fiscal responsibilities, reviewing provided quotes before presenting to leadership for consideration. Ensures quote is forwarded to the appropriate parties for approval, prepares, processes and tracks all purchases and supplies for the unit.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
To qualify you must have a A Bachelors degree in public health, business administration, healthcare administration, communications, or related field. At least two years of previous experience in administering office operations and project coordination required, preferably in a healthcare setting. Supervisory experience required. Team-oriented, with excellent project management, organizational, and time-management skills. Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint software; knowledge of internet applications. Must be creative, innovative, and detail-oriented and be able to apply the same level of effort into all assignments, regardless of scope. Ability to multitask, and to work successfully under pressure in a fast-paced environment; should be able to handle changing priorities quickly. Effective oral, written, communication, and customer service skills. Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures, and to effectively communicate this information to a diverse population, in a comprehensive manner. Exceptional problem-solving and planning skills in working with colleagues, leaders, and administrators. Ability to exercise excellent judgment, and to assume responsibility for decision, consequences, and results. Self-motivated and results oriented.
Masters degree is preferred. Experience working in large, complex organizations is a plus. Excellent interpersonal skills preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.
NYU Lutheran Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.