Capital One Services, LLC Market VP, Commercial Card Sales Officer- New York City in Brooklyn, New York
Job ID: R40646Locations: Sales - NY - Brooklyn, United States of America, Brooklyn, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Market VP, Commercial Card Sales Officer- New York City
Do you believe in helping others achieve incredible goals and become better versions of themselves? In Capital One's Commercial Card group, you will find a leadership culture that rewards such a spirit. We believe in unlocking the power of people and equipping you to do great things! We are looking for like-minded people who can share our passion for success.
The Market Vice President of Commercial Card Sales will lead a team of Commercial Card Sales Professionals within a specific geographic market. This is an exciting time to join the rapidly growing Commercial Card organization within Capital One's Commercial Bank. This sales leadership role will be responsible for achieving overall revenue and financial objectives for the organization, recruiting, onboarding, and training of new sales officers, and day-to-day leadership of your market.
- Day-to-day leadership including coaching and managing a team of associates, providing strategic direction for the team, managing overall performance of team, budgeting, expense management, etc.
- Develop a winning culture that rewards and recognizes associates for their contributions and reinforces Capital One values.
- Responsible for managing the workflow/scheduling of the team, employee counseling and performance problems/resolutions, preparation of mid-year and annual associate review(s), determining and fulfilling training needs, interviewing and recommending new hires, promotions, demotions, terminations, and salary adjustments.
- Preparation and delivery of regular financial and performance updates to senior leadership
- Build and maintain relationships with various teams within Capital One including product management, Treasury Management and Small Business Card to create strong partnerships that enhance the overall customer experience.
- Ensure that all customer and prospect interactions are conducted in accordance with Capital One legal, compliance with Bank standards, and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide client-facing leadership for strategic deals and customer support
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitor's products and pricing in the market served.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, interpersonal, telephone and PC Skills
- Ability to proactively and effectively communicate with all levels and groups
- Makes sound independent decisions, and demonstrates sound judgment to seek senior support or expertise when needed.
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong track record of sales management skills including recruiting, training, and coaching
- Experience selling within treasury management or procurement, including:
- Cash Conversion Cycle
- Procure to Pay process
- Accounts Payable
- Commercial Card
- Invoice Management
- Payment Automation
- Corporate travel & expense management
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of sales experience within a B2B sales organization
- MBA Degree
- At least 3 years of experience in a sales leadership role
- At least 3 years of experience in Consumer Card or at least 3 years of experience in Small Business Card
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.