NYU Lutheran Medical Center Facility Operations Coord in Brooklyn, New York
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health’s anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Facility Operations Coord.
In this role, the successful candidate The Facilities Operations Coordinator organizes all office functions and assists in the daily operation and planning of the Facilities Operations department.
Ensures that the department remains in compliance with NYU Langone Hospital Brooklyn policies and procedures, governmental regulations and standards for accreditation and certification from various agencies are filled and kept readily available.
- 1 Makes complex scheduling arrangements involving multiple parties and conferences under minimal direction; organizes travel logistics, arrangements and itineraries as needed.
- Prepares and proofreads memos and reports. Prepares correspondence and documents independently from rough drafts, corrected copies, recordings/dictation or previous versions based on knowledge/research of relevant topics.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings and other special events, as required, including taking minutes, making copies, preparation of meeting materials, identifying need and arranging for technical support.
- Reports, researches and analyzes data related to administrative functions. Prepares a variety of communications, reports, charts, written documents, etc. Assists with mailings, and distribution.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and places orders as needed. Coordinates the purchase and renewal of subscriptions, journals, software, etc.
- Processes outgoing communication in the form of emails, letters, voice messages, etc.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office in accordance with NYU Langone Health retention schedules.
- Monitors hospital policies, maintaining and updating departmental policies where applicable; ensuring hard copies are current and uploaded to Ellucid.
- Serves as departmental timekeeper and timecard approver in Kronos.
- Supervises administrative staff to ensure office policies and procedures are being implemented to ensure productive and efficient administrative operations.
- Monitors the department budget and supports budget preparation utilizing Peoplesoft, Unifier and associated programs.
- Maintains engineering work order system for preventative maintenance items.
- Participates in the organization, training, and implementation of new programs.
- Participates in the preparation and organization for Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Performs other tasks as directed by the Sr. Director of Facilities Operations.
To qualify you must have a Bachelors degree. Associates degree with related experience.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
1. Experience with Unifier-Follow up requisitions and periodic budget reporting/data analysis
2. PeopleSoft Financials and Business Intelligence
3. Ropet System (Joint Commission)
4. Aware Manager work order system
5. Prior supervisory experience
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn’s EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal “EEO is the law” poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
NYU Lutheran Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.