The Jewish Board Part Time Registered Nurse in Bronx, New York
A registered nurse (RN) assigned to a facility is responsible for the complete nursing care and the performing of all routine medical procedures within the scope of the nursing practice for the clients under his/her charge. The RN generally reports to the Nursing Supervisor, however, in all matters of medication is supervised by the attending physician or administers the medication in line with an external physician’s orders.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (List the functions that are essential to achieve the goals):
* Perform nursing assessment on each client upon the client’s entry into the program and (at minimum) annually thereafter. The purpose of the assessment is to determine the clients' general health condition, identify any risk factors which may exist, and provide care for any presenting or out-standing medical issues. At the conclusion of such an assessment, the RN may refer the client to a physician for further follow-up treatment, if required.
* Develop a treatment care plan based on clients’ needs. Ensure that any necessary follow-up will occur and any necessary or prescribed care need is administered.
* In line with doctor’s orders, administer prescribed and/or routine medical treatments. Ensure that all internal policies regarding such administration are adhered to.
* Schedule clinic appointments and accompany the client when required.
* Function as the liaison between external medical health care providers, schools, other community organizations and the facility with regards to the client’s medical needs.
* Responsible for health education and communicating information regarding good health practices to the client’s under RN's care.
* May run medication groups.
* Respond to medical emergencies immediately upon notification. Perform whatever triage is necessary to stabili ze the client and provide access to all necessary medical treatment. Follow up to ensure complete recovery.
* Perform all necessary charting and other patient documentation as required by internal practice and external regulatory bodies.
* Perform comprehensive examination of any resident involved in a restraint.
* Monitor lab results for any indications of change; communicate such change(s) to the physician.
* Provide advocacy for hospitalized clients.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE (List additional functions needed to reach goals):
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED (List all that is required to achieve this position):
* RN or BA in nursing and New York State registration is required.
* Experience in a residential setting or in the mental health field strongly preferred.
VISUAL AND MANUAL DEXIERITY:
* The cand idate should be able to read documents for analytical purposes such as computer information, software, computer graphic design programs, etc.
* Limited applications of manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL EFFORT
* The work environment involves no physical risk or hazardous conditions.
* To perform the essential functions of this job, the candidate is routinely required to sit ( 90% of the time) and stand ( 10% of the time)