Family Residences and Essential Enterprises Community Support Specialist - Calvert EATP - Evenings 40 Hours Flexible - West Babylon, New York in West Babylon, New York
The Community Support Specialist provides training in independent living skills, including how to be responsible tenants and maintain psychiatric stability. This individual will assists the Program Supervisor in implementing agency policies and procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Make visits to assigned individuals.
Participates with the individual in the development, evaluation, and modification of individual’s service plans.
- Responsible for completing all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Trains and assists individuals in self-administration of medication.
- Assists individuals in improving socialization skills.
- Assists individuals in establishing vocational/educational goals.
- Organizes recreational activities for individuals with assistance from other staff on a monthly.
- Provides crisis management and case management services. (Includes making collateral contacts.)
- Implements Fire Safety Program.
- Notifies the appropriate supervisory personnel of any medical, psychiatric, or programmatic emergency.
- Distributes individuals Money Management and Personal Needs monies as indicated.
- Maintains Financial Records for all individuals.
- Assists in the Utilization Review Process.
- Assists to ensure Medicaid Billing is completed in a timely manner.
- Provides transportation as needed, for shopping, medical appointments, etc.
- Conducts apartment inspections to determine what repairs are needed and reports problems to appropriate personnel.
- Conducts apartment meetings with assigned individuals at least once a month or more often if needed.
- Attends staff meeting, supervision and other agency meetings.
- Attends work related workshops/conference as program schedule permits.
- Coordinates treatment team meetings.
- Trains and assists new apartment staff in their day to day job responsibilities.
- Coordinates the admission of individuals into Apartment Program; including moving meeting and discharge meetings.
- Verifies medication with information on medication logs.
- Relays individual and/ or program specific information to appropriate agency personnel.
- Learns and adheres to all agency policies and procedures on agency personnel.
- Accepts and follows through on other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in a Human Services field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Familiar with mental health issues and some experience in engagement with individuals with mental illness.
- Substance use disorder/treatment experience preferred
- Demonstrates organizational and communication skills which would enable effective interaction with fellow team members, individuals/clients/families and the community.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 2017-3176
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US-NY-West Babylon
Category: Community Support Specialist