Celgene Sr. Manager, Global Market Insights in Summit, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Working closely with Celgene`s Global Disease and Brand team leaders, the Senior Manager Global Market Insights will be responsible for translating Business Intelligence (BI) and Market Research (MR) information into insights that inform the global long-term franchise strategies as well as global brand strategies preparing for market entry. The responsibility of this role covers all critical areas of strategy building from early pipeline through to market entry and brand growth.
The Sr. Manager Market Insights will develop commercial opportunity assessments for pipeline candidates, pathways or concepts as well as potential BD opportunities based on thorough competitor landscapes and treatment trend analysis to support the Global Marketing team, as well as the Disease Strategy Team(s) in developing the franchise.
This role will require collaboration with regional and local Market Research teams to define market entry scenarios from a global perspective including competitive analysis, positioning and message platforms.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Development of strategy informing insights:
Based on a solid disease and business environment understanding build a strong business partnership with the relevant Global Disease Team (GDT), as well as key markets (G8). In close collaboration with the Global Commercial Lead:
• Deliver insights that inform global market entry scenario planning, global brand growth initiatives and the development of global brand lifecycle strategies.
• Based on identified strategic questions continuously monitor the competitive environment and emerging scientific data to identify market events with potential impact on our franchise and brand strategies.
Collaborate with critical functions:
Ensure close collaboration with other global and regional functions (and partner companies) to integrate critical information into validated assumptions for global strategy building and forecasting:
• In collaboration with Business Planning and Analysis (BP&A) integrate insights to develop informed assumptions for franchise and brand forecasting.
• In collaboration with Market Access and BP&A develop commercial opportunity assessments by providing input into financial models and pricing scenarios.
• In collaboration with Medical Affairs collect intelligence and translate into insight reports at key congresses
• Collaboration with other functions (ie: Knowledge Services, Medical Information, Investor Relations, Public Relations, etc) to leverage secondary information and integrate disparate data into valuable insights
Drive Business Intelligence and Market Research projects:
• Define MR and BI projects and methodologies to answer the defined key strategic questions and create, monitor and execute agreed Market Insights plan for the respective franchise and brands.
• Translate results into clear, concise and compelling implications for the team. Present, as needed, to various levels within the organization.
• Manage chosen agencies to execute defined activities in a timely manner
• Align Global Market Insights plans with regional and local colleagues as needed
• Ensure existing data in-house is made available and fully leveraged to answer strategic questions
• Utilize unique methodologies as appropriate
• Conduct all projects within budget assigned, in a timely fashion, making tradeoffs as necessary
Skills/Knowledge and Experience Required:
• BS/BA required; MBA or advanced degree preferred. 3+ years MR and/or BI experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry required. Experience in a global operating team preferred. Experience in hematology strongly preferred.
• Solid business understanding of pharmaceutical drug commercialization pathways
• Solid knowledge of MR and BI methodologies, techniques and tools
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues in various geographies, roles, hierarchic levels etc
• Experience in delivering concise, clear presentations to a variety of internal colleagues
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
• Proven ability to drive business decisions as the Market Insight representative of a core team
• Strong project management skills
• PC literate including Word, PowerPoint, Access software, and Excel skills
• Demonstrate and live Celgene Values through passion for the patient, courage to face our challenges and the unknown, trust in our words and our actions and excellence in delivering exceptional results
• Successful candidate should have at least 3+ years of business intelligence/market research experience preferably with experience in a range of Solid Tumors (ideally Lung and Pancreatic cancer).
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Sr. Manager, Global Market Insights
Location: Summit, NJ, US
Job ID: 17000012