Celgene Senior Manager, Project Management in Summit, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Roles and Responsibilities of the Project Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manages project of small to medium complexity and/or multiple projects with supervision from
the project leader
• Support the Project Team to execute the project strategy, and is accountable to the project leader
• Responsible for developing and coordinating resource planning across functions to assure that
adequate resources are being applied to the project
• Maintains high level timelines, and assures consistency and detailed timelines with input from the
functional departments, and assures that the functional timelines are aligned with global project
• Tracks the various parts of the timeline with the sub-teams and brings issues to the project leader
attention, participating in resolution, updates timeline on an on-going basis to allow transparency to
• Serves as member of sub-teams to assure that functional deliverables are supplied on time, on
budget and according to quality standards
• Responsibilities may vary based on project and stages of development (early, late, and lifecycle)
• Establish a close partnering relationship with the clinical study managers to follow up on
execution of clinical programs
• Assist the project leader in assuring a high performance team spirit and high functioning team
• Coordinate compilation of global project scope documents and plans.
• Maintain the “playbook, ” which includes all key project tools and documents
• Prepare monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required
• Responsible for the conduct and deliverables of Project Team meetings
• Identify project risks with input from the line functions, and support resolving project issues
• Work with Project Leader to ensure all decisions made at the Global Core Project Team meeting
are assessed as to their impact - positive, negative or neutral on the current plan, budget and
• In close collaboration with the Project Leader, ensure that team recommendations related to project
direction in need of endorsement by DCs are planned for review by the Committees and updates on
projects are planned with DCs
• Partner with Project Management Operations to implement best practices across project teams e.g.,
resource capacity planning, project risk management, team performance, timeline development,
• Position could include significant participation in development of Project Management tools,
templates, processes, working with Project Management Operations group.
• Assure that the Celgene values are demonstrated in all aspects of the team work.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 5 yrs Pharma experience / 2 yrs Project management experience or equivalent; MS/ MBA 3 yrs Pharma experience / 1 yr project management experience or equivalent; PhD 2 yrs Pharma experience/1 yr PM experience]. Understanding of drug development project management. PMP certification desirable
• Excellent project management skills and result-driven
• emonstrate excellent communication skills and work in a matrix environment with strong team collaboration
• Strong strategic thinking, creativity and collaborative negotiation skills
• Proven track record in a cross-functional matrix environment, exerting influence to achieve results rather than counting on organizational authority
• Experience in planning systems and tools (ex MS project, Excel, Visio)
• Possesses understanding of the global drug development process,
• Specific early development, late development, and lifecycle knowledge a plus i.e. experience in research, disease areas, regulatory, reimbursement etc.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Senior Manager, Project Management
Location: Summit, NJ, US
Job ID: 17001105