Celgene Senior Manager, Portfolio Reporting and Analytics - Portfolio & Project in Summit, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This position is inclusive of Portfolio and Project Management responsibilities. The Roles and Responsibilities of the Sr Mgr Portfolio Reporting & Analytics include, but are not limited to, the following:
Portfolio Reporting & Analytics Roles and Responsibilities (approximately 50 -70% of time):
• Responsible for the Drug Development Portfolio Timeline reporting and analytics system and process at Celgene to produce reports and drive for data accuracy and completeness across the portfolio.
• Take full ownership of Portfolio Timeline Data, striving for accuracy and continuous improvement.
• Run all regular portfolio reports and review with data owners until complete and accurate. Delivers reports according to deadlines.
• Develop, implement and continuously improve consistent cross-team and cross-project processes including, but not limited to:
o Standard project planning templates and consistent project management standards for timeline reporting
o Project & portfolio information systems
o Resource Management
o Project risk assessment
• Participate in the training of others in the use of effective PM systems and tools.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of portfolio and project information quality.
• Identify issues or problems with existing business processes and determines solutions.
• Participate in the implementation of Project Management (PM) best practices.
Project Management Roles and Responsibilities: (approximately 30 - 50% of time):
Support a Project Team to execute the program strategy in either early or late stage development within Celgene portfolio.
• Develop and maintain integrated timelines, and ensure consistency with input from the functional departments and allow transparency to the organization
• Manage Project Team Goals process for team.
• Bring issues to the project leader’s attention, participating in resolution
• Serve as member of sub-teams with close partnering relationship with the clinical study managers to ensure functional deliverables are supplied on time, on budget and according to quality standards
• Is responsible for developing and coordinating resource planning across functions to assure that adequate resources are being applied to the project
• Assist Project Leader in assuring a high performance team spirit and high functioning team
• Coordinate compilation of global project scope documents and plans.
• Maintain the “playbook,” which includes all key project tools and documents
• Prepare monthly progress and ad hoc reports as required
• Is responsible for the conduct and deliverables of Project Team meetings
• Identify project risks with input from the line functions, and support resolving project issues
• Ensure that team recommendations related to project direction in need of endorsement by Development Committees are planned for review by the Committees
• Ability to manage drug development projects as well as strategic platform related projects
• Ensure that the Celgene values are demonstrated in all aspects of the team work.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum 5 years of pharma experience in drug development. Experience with project s and reporting systems / analytics is desirable. Project management experience is desirable.
Portfolio Reporting & Analytics Competencies:
• Excellent interpersonal skills to support Project Managers and Project Leaders in developing robust project plans and reporting on key dates.
• Excellent organizational skills to maintain library of training and project files to preserve data integrity.
• Superior time management skills to manage competing priorities and deadlines to permit necessary focus to produce high quality reports.
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy with a long range view towards “getting it right the first time” to avoid repetitive workaround activity and to ensure ultimate quality of reports for customers.
• Must be able to respond flexibly to changing project priorities and work assignments.
• Must be able to identify, analyze and recommend solutions to problems.
Project Management and Leadership Competencies:
• Excellent project management skills with previous experience in project management
• Strong analytical and planning skills
• Proactive and able to manage projects with limited instructions from project leader on a daily basis.
• Provides leadership to execution
• Agent of change in an evolving environment
• Strong negotiation and cross functional coaching skills
• Takes a leadership role in process improvement activities in the Project Leadership function
• Able to lead team efforts around compilation of key Drug Development tools (i.e., Integrated Development Plan).
• Ability to manage up to Leadership team
Team Management Competencies:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Capable of managing meetings within a multicultural environment
• Ability to adapt behavior to situation
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
• Fosters team work, and is able to build constructive relationships with team members and ability to influence key stakeholders on Governance Committees
• Tenacity in follow-up
• Courage and ability to hold oneself and others accountable for commitments in a productive and assertive, positive (not aggressive) manner. Ability to influence outcomes without direct authority
• Skilled in writing project documentation
• Ability to communicate well one-on-one and in small groups
Drug Development Experience and Competencies:
• Must have at least 5 years of drug development experience.
• Strong knowledge of drug development process in relevant therapeutic areas
• Broad knowledge of PM systems and tools with interest in developing proficiency in MS Project and Project Server and timeline graphical tools.
• Proficient in SharePoint and Microsoft Office suite
• Strong knowledge of database systems, queries, and reporting
• Basic knowledge of PM best practices
• Knowledge of project analytics (time, budget, cost, etc.)
• Tenacious commitment to accuracy, detail and comprehensiveness
• Knowledge of project budgeting process including financial planning/expenditures
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Senior Manager, Portfolio Reporting and Analytics - Portfolio & Project
Location: Summit, NJ, US
Job ID: 17001139