Celgene Senior Manager, Global Market Insights - Myeloid in Summit, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
The Senior Manager, Market Insights will design and lead market research projects and business/competitive intelligence activities to support the Global Myeloid Disease Strategy and Brand Teams and will ultimately be responsible for translating findings into meaningful insights that inform long-term global and brand planning. This role encompasses all critical areas of strategy building from early pipeline through to market entry and brand growth/expansion.
The Senior Manager, Market Insights will also develop commercial opportunity assessments for pipeline candidates, pathways or concepts as well as potential BD opportunities based on thorough competitor landscapes and treatment trend analysis to support the Global Marketing team, as well as the Disease Strategy Team(s). This role will require collaboration with regional and local Market Research teams to define market entry scenarios from a global perspective including competitive analysis, positioning and message platforms.
Essential responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
The development & execution of Myeloid market research plan(s) to answer key business questions via both qualitative and quantitative primary market research and business/competitive intelligence activities
• Manage primary market research studies from study planning and execution through to final analysis, including project objective, survey instrument design, data analysis and interpretation
• Vendor Selection
• Communicate and align with key internal stakeholders (global, regional and local) around market research objectives and outputs
• Provide analyses and summaries of results, interpreting and communicating conclusions and recommendations in relevant and compelling presentations to various brand/business stakeholders
• Collaborate with other disciplines, e.g., Business Planning & Analysis, Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Market Access
• Ensure that all projects are in compliance with internal SOPs
• Conduct all projects within budget assigned and within a timely fashion, making tradeoffs as necessary
The gathering of business/competitive intelligence that can/will inform the Myeloid franchise and brand strategies
• Continuously monitor the competitive environment to identify market events which may have a potential impact on the Myeloid franchise and brand strategies.
• Collect, analyze and distribute intelligence about competitive assets, companies and potential business development opportunities and technologies to aid business decisions.
Key activities will include, but are not limited to:
• Data mining
• Company or technology mapping
• Regular competitive landscape overviews & analyses
• Issuance of news alerts
Collaborate with critical functions
• Develop productive relationships with the Myeloid marketing team and other relevant Myeloid stakeholders and ensure close collaboration with global, regional, and local functions as well as partner companies.
• In collaboration with Business Planning and Analysis (BP&A) integrate insights to develop informed assumptions for franchise and brand forecasting.
• In collaboration with Market Access and BP&A develop commercial opportunity assessments by providing input into financial models and pricing scenarios.
• In collaboration with Medical Affairs collect intelligence and translate into insight reports at key congresses
• Collaboration with other functions (ie: Knowledge Services, Medical Information, Investor Relations, Public Relations, etc) to leverage secondary information and integrate disparate data into valuable insights
Skills/Knowledge and Experience Required:
• BS/BA required. MBA or advanced degree preferred. 3+ years market research and/or Business/Competitive Intelligence experience within the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry required, Experience in hematological malignancies and/or rare diseases preferred. Experience in a global operating team preferred.
• Solid business understanding of pharmaceutical drug commercialization pathways
• Solid knowledge of market research and business/competitive intelligence methodologies, techniques and tools
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues in various geographies, roles, hierarchic levels etc
• Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment and gain alignment amongst key stakeholders in various geographies and
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
• Proven ability to drive business decisions as the Market Insight representative of a core team
• Strong project management skills
• PC literate including Word, PowerPoint,and Excel skills
• Demonstrate and live Celgene Values through passion for the patient, courage to face our challenges and the unknown, trust in our words and our actions and excellence in delivering exceptional results
• Successful candidate should have at least 3+ years of market research and business/competitive intelligence within the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
• Domestic & International travel required
• Experience in hematological malignancies and/or rare diseases preferred
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Senior Manager, Global Market Insights - Myeloid
Location: Summit, NJ, US
Job ID: 17000846