Celgene Associate Director, Contracts in Summit, New Jersey
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Under the direction of the Senior Corporate Counsel, this individual will be responsible for supervising and managing the staff of the contracting subgroup of the legal department.
Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
· Preparing and reviewing contracts and contract terms, including generation of contracts from template agreements for signoff by attorneys in the legal department.
· Effectively manage a high volume of agreements.
· Supervise a staff of 11 employees.
· Manage the workflow and staff to ensure all assignments are being handled in an expedient and efficient manner.
· Identify performance metrics, establishes benchmarks and manage implementation of same.
· Partner with client groups to meets client needs in a timely manner.
· Provide contract process training to clients as needed.
· Communicate clearly and efficiently with upper management as well as subordinates.
· Knowledge of what each position that he/she manages entails.
· Evaluate quality of work and performance of his/her staff.
· Evaluate contract management systems and processes for future growth and efficiencies.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum ten years’ experience with contracts in a legal department either in a company or a law firm. BA/BS degree or higher. Seven plus years’ strong management experience.
· Comprehensive understanding of contracts and contract terms including an in-depth knowledge of Confidentiality, Consulting, Service and Material Transfer Agreements.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
· Experience supporting the legal department of a pharmaceutical company is highly desirable.
· Experience with document management software is desirable.
· History of self-motivation, sound judgment and excellent interpersonal relations.
· Ability to interact with all levels of management.
· Demonstrated ability to meet aggressive deadlines and complete multiple assignments in a timely and professional manner.
· Strong problem solving skills; seeks solutions to resolve issues and challenges.
Ability to simultaneously direct multiple priorities.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Associate Director, Contracts
Location: Summit, NJ, US
Job ID: 17000009