Family Residences and Essential Enterprises Shift Leader - Bayview IRA - 40 Hours Flexible - Eastern Long Island in Southold, New York
The primary role of the Lead DSP is to be the shift lead or senior staff member of a residence that can provide training, orientation, and guidance in the absence of a supervisor to Direct Support Professionals. The Lead DSP is responsible to provide “hands-on” resident coverage as needed. The Lead DSP is responsible for the supervision and care of all individuals residing within the program, including but not limited to: ensuring consumer safety, implementing all aspects of the activity schedule, participating in the annual and semi-annual review process, development and implementation of individual’s goals/services, and advocating for the needs of individuals.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”
- Assist in training and orientation of Valued Team Members and/or floating staff including training and providing information as required regarding ADL skills training and development, behavior treatment plans and strategies, socialization needs of the individuals, recreation, and the utilization of community resources. Train Valued Team Members to utilize the on-call system appropriately and effectively
- Help ensure that Valued Team Members provide instruction and training in cleanliness, hygiene and group living in accordance with the functioning level of the individual
- Maintain all records containing doctor’s comments, Valued Team Members comments, lab test results etc.
- Help ensure that active programming or structured activity is provided at all times and that individuals are encouraged to participate in meaningful activity
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with no more than 8 points (where applicable)
- No convictions for crimes that preclude a person from working with members of a vulnerable population
Job ID: 2017-2631
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US-NY-Southold
Category: Direct Service Professional