SCO Family of Services Recreation Coordinator in Queens, New York
Program Recreation Activities A. Assist the residents with development and implementation of a daily recreation schedule by creating and coordinating both In-House and Off-Grounds activities of a recreational nature.
- Coordinate monthly meetings with Program Supervisor to discuss recreation activities to be scheduled, leagues and clubs to be formed, off-grounds outings, etc.
- Create a monthly Recreation Calendar based on resident input, resident interests and current Rehab Activities Calendar.
- Complete required documentation of meetings with Staff via minutes and memos. B. Coordinate and implement monthly Program Special Events.
- Organize specific committees dealing with set up, decorations, clean-up etc. for each Special Event. C. Develop a monitoring system to track residents’ attendance and level of participation. D. Develop an evaluation system to assess successfulness of activities.
- Community Liaison A. Serve as liaison with community to seek information regarding the utilization of community resources such as parks, pools, recreation centers and YMCA. B. Explore and develop community resources in terms of facilities available to SCO Family of Services residents for recreational purposes as well as educational, cultural and athletic events. · Equipment and Supplies A. Maintain inventory of recreational/sporting equipment available for overall agency use.
- Order equipment as needed (based on supervisor’s approval).
- Develop system for monitoring equipment; sign out procedures, key distribution and security.
Performs all other duties as assigned
High School Diploma with three years experience in the Human Services field or a Bachelor’s Degree with one-year experience in the Human Services Director.
Acceptable background clearance check through State Central Register and compliance with health regulations for physical examination and mantoux testing
This position requires successful completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training, which includes a written test and demonstration of the competency to perform physical restraints, as specified by the program and regulatory body. Additionally, staff must successfully complete all required TCI refreshers in order to maintain continued employment
SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
Job: *THERAPIST - RECREATION
Title: Recreation Coordinator
Location: New York-Queens-Queens Village
Requisition ID: 29028