BlackRock Private Equity Information Management in Princeton, New Jersey
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website atwww.blackrock.com| Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog:www.blackrockblog.com| LinkedIn:www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
With investor commitments since inception of approximately $24 billion, BlackRock Private Equity Partners (“PEP”) provides a broad array of private market solutions primarily through co-mingled and customized private equity strategies combining primary fund commitments, direct co-investments and secondary investments. PEP operates as an integrated global team with major offices in Princeton, NJ, London, Zurich and Hong Kong. This position is with PEP’s Information Management Team in Princeton, New Jersey.
PEP is seeking an experienced individual to join its information management team in Princeton, NJ. The candidate will be responsible for various data management activities across the PEP platform supporting the monitoring and reporting of PEP’s private equity portfolios.
- Activities include managing investment details and transactional data within PEP’s portfolio monitoring platform (Private I), designing and implementing analytic reporting models and refining business data flows to optimize the accuracy and availability of portfolio information.
- This position demands strong analytical capabilities, a keen attention to details with a command for managing large universes of information. Ability to correlate and manipulate data is essential. Moderate experience in MS Excel is desired.
- 5 years of relevant financial services back office experience with a strong and proven background in business operations, information management, performance analytics or accounting within a private equity business is highly desired.
- A strong and proven background in managing information, correlating/reconciling data and developing data analytic type models.
- Ability to work both independently and within teams in a fast-paced environment.
- A detailed understanding of data concepts especially supporting private equity investment products.
- The ability to analyze requests, define business requirements and drive implementation to completion is required.
- Experience with any commercially available alternative’s portfolio management system is highly designed such as Private-I, Investran, iLevel, eFront, or other private equity platforms.
- A history of successful professional and academic achievement, including a blend of strong analytical and interpersonal skills with thoughtful and reasoned judgment.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Job Function: Investment Management (Trading, Research, Portfolio Management)
Organization: Inv-Alt-Private Equity Partners
Title: Private Equity Information Management
Primary Location: Americas-United States-Princeton
Requisition ID: 172140
Job Posting: Jul 17, 2017, 9:25:15 AM