The WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis in Princeton, New Jersey
The pioneer of independent ethical review, WIRB-Copernicus Group® (WCG), continues to drive ingenuity in the clinical research space. Today, WCG’s solutions are built upon the foundation of ethical review, but have grown to include a suite of complementary services and technologies that expand the capabilities of the modern research professional. WCG delivers transformational solutions that stimulate growth, foster compliance, and maximize efficiency for those who perform clinical trials.
As an integral part of the Finance team, the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis will support the Company’s Clinical Service Organization (CSO) division. He/She will assist with the preparation of internal/external financial reports, Board of Directors materials, and monthly financial analysis materials, provide ad hoc analysis for the organization, and will be actively involved in the preparation of the annual operating budget. This person will also be responsible for developing, interpreting, and implementing strategies and practices for financial planning and control. He/She will also partner with Operations and Business Development to provide forecasts and analysis of backlog and sales pipelines to ensure the accuracy of data used to forecast revenue.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective planning and analysis capability that will provide senior leadership with appropriate analytical tools to establish goals and measure performance of the company’s portfolio of services.
- Lead the strategic aspects of the annual operating plan and budget process for the company.
- Assist with the development and execution of project and product P&Ls.;
- KPI and routine dashboard reporting for senior leadership and corporate.
- Evaluate profit and loss trends and provide guidance on opportunities and risks.
- Analyze revenue, volume, variable cost, and expense variances; recognize and recommend action to take when the company is under/over performing to plan.
- Communicate with CSO business unit leaders on operational performance trends, historical and forecasted, using appropriate metrics.
- Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions, and strategic implications.
- Participate as a key thought leader of finance team, influencing decision making, identifying finance priorities.
- Help lead and execute month-end and quarter-end P&L; distribution and forecast consolidation for departments of responsibility.
- Execute continuous process improvement.
- Assist in developing finance and business presentations; related supporting materials.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent field.
- An MBA, CPA, CFA, or CMA is preferred, but not required.
- 6+ years of financial planning and analysis experience with progressive responsibility.
- Life Sciences or technology industry experience preferred.
- NetSuite strongly preferred or ERP system experience.
- Demonstrated success in financial modeling and analysis.
- Relevant experience with demonstrated analytical skills and financial analysis expertise.
- Experience with financial planning and analysis functions, including annual budget, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning, and resource allocation processes.
- High degree of proficiency with PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills.
- Must be able to influence decisions and improve controls through data driven financial analysis and accounting knowledge.
- Professional communication and writing skills.
- Able to present financial information with confidence and comfort to all levels of leadership.
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, takes initiative, has excellent planning and project management skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.
We encourage you to visit us at www.wcgclinical.com to learn more about our organization and WIRB-Copernicus Group’s mission of improving the quality of human health.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. *
This is a management position
This is a full time-exempt position