Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Surface Maintenance Mechanic Leader in Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey
This National Guard position is for a Surface Maintenance Repairer Leader, Position Description Number D1287000and is part of the FMS-7, National Guard.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
As a Surface Maintenance Repairer, WG-5801-10 you will:
- Perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical, and automotive vehicles.
- Perform limited diagnoses to determine the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks.
- Independently perform routine repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations.
- Conduct limited readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
- May maintain supply documents, receipts, and inventory.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
Experience or training that has provided the candidate with sufficient knowledge to complete the work of this occupational series. Experience or training which demonstrates the candidates ability to lead other technicians engaged in the duties performed by this occupational series.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE*:* At least 24 months experience or training in the following areas:
- Knowledge, experience which demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, and lead the work of others in fields directly related the repair function of this occupational series.
- Ability to perform administrative functions; to read and interpret a variety of technical publications used in the repair of supported equipment.
- Ability to provide guidance to others in work related directly to this occupational series.
Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration:
Areas I: All permanent technicians within the New Jersey Army National Guard Areas II: All current members of the New Jersey Army National Guard
Military Grades: SSG/E-6 to SFC/E-7
Compatible Military Assignments: CMF:91
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
What To Expect Next
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
Review our benefits
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472436900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $28.90 to $33.76 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WL-5801-10/10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 472436900
Job Announcement Number: NJ-10017289-AR-17010