Bristol Myers Squibb Associate Scientist II Cell Line Development in Pennington, New Jersey
Title: Associate Scientist II Cell Line Development
Job Number: 1702723
The Associate Scientist in Cell Line Development has the opportunity to drive state-of-the art development that supports the company’s portfolio of preclinical and clinical-stage biologics. The role calls for close collaboration with early discovery groups, process sciences groups, internal analytical functions, as well as with Global Production Services (GPS) and the Quality Control organization. The role also offers an opportunity for cell line project management function for Biologics.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Among our several NJ locations, our Hopewell and Devens sites are key components of the Biologics Network Strategy, with available Process Development and Analytical Development & Testing opportunities to support the innovating biologics under development.
The Scientist in Cell Line Development has the opportunity to drive state-of-the art development that supports the company’s portfolio of preclinical and clinical-stage biologics. The role calls for close collaboration with early discovery groups, process sciences groups, internal analytical functions, as well as with Global Production Services (GPS) and the Quality Control organization. The role also offers an opportunity for cell line project management function for Biologics.
• Performing activities for the internal cell line development platform generating high producing cell lines. Key focus will be on the development of mammalian cell lines producing monoclonal antibodies for clinical and commercial manufacturing.
• Responsible for activities related to production cell line development including transfection, selection, single cell cloning, high throughput screening, characterization of clonal cell lines, cell banking, and cell line stability studies.
• Responsible for the execution, data review and analysis, document writing, and contributing to sections of regulatory submissions associated with the cell line. Will generate and document results with Electronic notebook, and maintain instrumentation in a GMP-like compliant environment.
• Master/BS in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or equivalent field.
• Typically 3-5 year’s directly applicable experience in biopharmaceutical cell line development.
• Strong knowledge of mammalian cell culture, aseptic technique and working in a clean room environment.
• Extensive experience with generating high producing mammalian cell producing cell line.
• Experience with DNA transfection, vector design, and genetic characterization of cell banks.
• Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to think critically with excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Experience with high throughput immunological assays such as Octet assay.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job: Analytical Chem - Mfg Ops