QuintilesIMS Project Coordinator - Parsippany, NJ in Parsippany, New Jersey
To provide comprehensive administrative support to the field based staff of complex multiple projects.
• To work collaboratively across the Team Coordinator function, and understand how the function contributes to the
• To review current policies and procedures and, where appropriate, identify and recommend more efficient or effective
ways of working
• To be fully involved in new project set up and closure process, including allocation of resources and communication
between all service areas (e.g. senior managers, resourcing, Fleet, Human Resources).
• To work on company-wide projects as agreed with line manager.
• To foster productive, collaborative working relations with key contacts across the business.
• To be the first point of contact for all queries relating to the project, handling and addressing issues where appropriate, or
else directing queries to the most appropriate contact.
• To follow processes and procedures (new employee, leaver, transfer) and work with departments (HR, Fleet, Resourcing,
HR-PSC, Amex, BT etc.) to ensure effective team administration. Ensure that systems (e.g. People soft Financials,
Orange Billing Manager, Eagle, People soft Expenses) are updated accordingly.
• To track levels of absence, identify sickness trends within the project and highlight cost implications as appropriate.
• To facilitate production and documentation of presentations and organize team/customer meetings, finalizing minutes in
collaboration with Project Director
• To support Month end administration, ensuring daily rates are allocated to field teams along with relevant time sheet. To
understand financial systems (e.g. drill downs, rolling forecasts etc), accurately collate information in connection with the
Rolling Forecast, within project deadlines. To conduct financial tracking for project revenue recognition and liaising with
• To ensure all requisitions and invoices are coded correctly to ensure costs are billed to the project or passed through to
• To undertake diary management of Project Director
• To liaise with the customer, addressing issues raised or else flagging elsewhere within the business. Where appropriate,
be the Company representative at customer events.
• To provide support to other team coordinators through training and mentoring.
• To be involved in recruitment and induction of new Head Office and Field employees. To provide mentoring and training to
new team coordinators and administrative training for Head Office and Field Staff.
• To ensure that archiving is handled consistently and regularly and movements are tracked efficiently by department.
• To chair internal meetings as required
• To be involved in pilot projects/ special projects of new systems/processes making recommendations to the business
• Perform other duties as assigned.
QuintilesIMS offers a friendly, progressive work atmosphere and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance and vision coverage, tuition assistance, bonus plan and 401(k).
We look forward to the prospect of working with you!
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Secondary School qualifications with 5 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good verbal and written communication skills, excellent telephone manner, team working skills, flexible attitude to work
• Good prioritization skills
• Able to use initiative, plan ahead, proactive in problem solving, diplomatic and able to demonstrate appropriate decisions within scope of authority
• Able to share experience and learning, able to priorities and liaise with field staff and customers effectively
• Intermediate understanding of Word, Power point and Excel
• Ability to share experience and learning
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.