Comcast VP Client Success & Relationships, MVPD/Operator Segment in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a VP, Client Relationships for MVPD/Operator clients based in New York, who will report to the Senior Vice President, Revenue. In this position, you will lead the Strategic Relationship and Client Success/Account Management team focused on serving FW's MVPD/Operator clients including Charter, Dish, Hulu, Verizon and others. The VP, Client Relationships will be responsible for managing a team of highly motivated relationship and account managers, who are tasked with managing and growing the MVPD/Operator segment. This includes setting and delivering on the strategy for the vertical and being accountable for delivery against business unit goals. In addition, the VP will be responsible for developing and representing the voice of this client segment both internally and in market, working closely with his/her counterpart who manages FreeWheel's programmer clients, as well as across other Comcast Advanced Advertising business units, to ensure consistency of client experience, and advocacy.
The VP, Client Relationships will have a track record of success in client relationship management, as well as proven people management and leadership skills. They must have MVPD or Operator experience, be technically savvy, have a lead-by-example management style and superb communication skills. The development of relationships, both internal and external to FreeWheel will be instrumental to success in the job.
The ideal candidate should also be familiar with the premium video ecosystem (both digital and linear) and advertising technology industry. Internally the VP will represent the voice of the MVPD/Operator customer vertical to ensure strategic alignment of product and services roadmap and advocacy. The VP will participate in executive board, general board and committee meetings including leadership roles within the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
Responsible for the development and execution of the short and long-term client success strategy for the MVPD/Operator/Distributor vertical. Works cross functionally with Product, Advisory, Marketing and other Comcast stakeholders to implement the annual tactical plan to ensure the success of the MVPD/Operator vertical programs. Identifies and build's business cases around recommendations for new products and services to address market opportunities and needs. Monitors the progress of sales; reviews, records and reports provided to senior management. Organizes, promotes, and orchestrates client's activities to ensure the success of the Vertical's product sales campaign.
- Management of a highly-talented client team of 10 resources.
- Provide ongoing advice and guidance for navigating complex customer organizations
- Enable and encourage creative problem solving by team members
- Develop team through training and mentoring
- Ensuring teams' consistent execution against FreeWheel's sales and client service model
- Accountable for teams' delivery of account plans to meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue and bookings targets for existing book of business
Develop and nurture senior level relationships across vertical, acting as trusted advisor to our clients
Work with Sales Planning and Strategy to establish and execute customer renewal process and account management/planning
- Assists in developing sales strategies and marketing plans.
- Identifies tools to assist with sales activities and action steps to follow in the sales campaign
- Works closely with training teams for deployment of successful training curriculum
- Implements advertising and promotional activities
- Deploys incentives and other programs as necessary to achieve critical milestones to success
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 15 years related experience including at least 3 years'experience working at an MVPD or at a company installing ad tech within anMVPD
- Strong understanding of an MVPD'slinear and digital sales process, strategy, and operations
- Strong understanding of theMVPD / Programmer relationship and inventory management between both across linear and digital sales
- A visionary and business strategist with a talent for managing and developing client service organizations based on exceptional ability to discern customer needs and emerging market trends
- A proven track record of not only setting strategy but getting buy-in cross functionally and driving to results
- Operations or General Management experience a plus
- Proactive and success-driven professional who excels at cultivating relationships, and formulating and managing the strategies necessary to structure business processes, optimize resources, and streamline operations
- Lead-by-example sales and management style that wins respect and loyalty of staff and drives performance excellence in response to personal guidance, encouragement and open communication
- A dynamic communicator with the skills, personality and confidence to effectively present concepts and products to business executives
Proven ability to scale a sales or client relationship organization within a technology business
- Demonstrated acumen and passion for technology. Candidate must have the capability to be conversant with Product and Technology leaders both internally and across our client base
- Demonstrates consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- of significance
- Must be able to balance strength of client relationship skill set with ability to bring process control, strong governance and financial acumen
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer