The Hartford Sr or Executive Underwriter, Technology and Life Sciences New York City in NEW YORK, New York
Title: Sr or Executive Underwriter, Technology and Life Sciences New York City
Location: United States-New York-New York
Job Number: 1702615
The New York City Regional Office is excited to announce the promotion of our Technology and Life Sciences Underwriter to our newly created Director position! This creates an excellent Underwriting opportunity for top talent to join our high-performing New York team!
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
The primary responsibilities for the Sr or Executive Tech Underwriter position include the following:
Risk Selection/Technical Underwriting:
• Takes lead role in risk selection, pricing, and Technology account management.
• Has extensive knowledge of Hartford Programs, forms and services for the Technology & Life Science Practice and within The Enterprise, with emphasis on Middle Market, and Hartford Financial Products.
• Is creative in use of underwriting tools and techniques to write profitable business. Uses pricing models for appropriate risk selection/pricing and is able to communicate rationale for underwriting decisions.
• Exhibits a commitment to finding ways to write business without sacrifice of quality, including appropriate leverage of all lines and account underwriting. Successful individual will be responsible for both IT and Life Science risks.
• Creates, drives and executes on strategies for new and/or renewal accounts (prospective book management, executes on the mix strategy, low strategy, territorial and agency sales plans, etc.)
• Consults and provides solutions
• Effectively provides excellent account management service of assigned Division through strategic planning and operational excellence.
• Ensures the consistent delivery and execution of the Circle of Service process; tailoring a service plan for each client based on needs.
• Positively impacts and influences final account pricing and terms.
• Successfully sells the proposal
• Responsible for, or influences, retention
•Takes lead in communicating strategy to the agency; coordinates communications across the Enterprise; educates others on the strategy
• Coaches and mentors others on Agency Management
• Trusted advisor to agency; manages the book of business
• Establishes and maintains pipeline
• Manages cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across team; generates cross-sell opportunities
• Manages the sales process including planning, operating routines, and monitoring
• Sources opportunities for other team members
• Coaches and mentors others on sales practices
• Is well versed about every aspect of The Hartford's Value proposition to best position us for success.
• Is professionally demanding and holds internal and external customers accountable.
• Consulting with the agents to answer questions regarding coverage, explaining processes, directing the agents to appropriate resources within the Hartford based on their unique needs
• Directs and coordinates identified service issues
• Is highly familiar with how service operates
• Makes recommendations to service; provides feedback to Service leaders
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
8 years of P&C Technology or Multi-line underwriting experience required; Technology E&O and/or Life Sciences preferred.
BA/BS degree strongly preferred, or equivalent in experience
Ability to collaborate and build relationships
CPCU, IIA or CIC coursework preferred
Ability to travel within territory and meet with agents; valid driver's license required
A consistent, proven, high level of performance and achievement
Aptitude for numerical and/or financial evaluation of business performance
Demonstrated creative problem solving and critical thinking decision making skills
Keen influencing and negotiation skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels in the organization
Self-driven and highly motivated for success
Position level and title commensurate with experience and determined after careful review and validation of candidate's qualifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Job: Middle Market UW