Barnes & Noble Sr Analytics Partner, Products & Services in New York, New York
Sr Analytics Partner, Products & Services
NY-New York (Flatiron)
As a Merchandising Analytics Manager on Barnes and Noble Analytics team, you will play a key role in enabling localized merchandise and events based on based on customer demographics and behavior. You will be at the center of elevating fact-based decision making within merchandising teams to drive profitable, productive and sustainable growth. You will partner with other analytics manager as you see fit to solve complex business problems. You will apply business and analytics expertise to translate data into applicable insights throughout the assortment planning process. Use excellent, detailed analytical skills as well as business acumen to provide data and analysis to assist in solving complex business problems
Auto req ID:
• Manage the build out of our advanced merchandizing analytic capabilities for the enterprise merchandising team
• Partner with Buyers and Planners and become an expert in category business trends and critical growth drivers
• Be the expert in Merchandising analysis tools and metrics, bring to life new and creative ways to provide insights to Merchandising
• Use concepts such as 4-wall profit and contribution margin / merchandise square foot to optimize the current assortment and helping with new store prototypes
• Work with the Testing team for creating effective A/B testing for key initiatives
• Determine optimal quantitative research techniques, design to drive strategic foundational consumer learnings.
• Use analytic process and tools to translate data into insights regarding top and bottom line impacts.
• Design and produce dashboards as well as regular reports to measure progress against all established KPIs, goals, and other initiatives
• Work closely with merchants to understand and meet the needs of the team from a merchandising perspective and create self-serve solutions wherever possible
• Establish himself/herself as a strategic business partner with Merchandising Leadership as well as cross functional peers within Customer Marketing, Consumer Promotion, Ecommerce, Consumer Research, etc.
• Drive merchandise mix analysis, including securing data inputs, modeling, interpretation, results and implications to sales and contribution margin.
• Lead and bring new ideas that can be implemented across other categories
• Demonstrated background in merchandise analytics, which includes both online and offline channels
• Proven experience with Merchandise Portfolio Optimization
• Ability to connect the dots, look at the big picture and get into the details as necessary
• Established background in an analytical capacity, evaluating performance of marketing campaigns, creating predictive models.
• Strong knowledge in statistical analysis, segmentation, descriptive and predictive modeling, market research, testing, consulting and project management
• Work well under deadlines, self-starter, innovative, team-oriented, and customer-focused, out of the box thinker.
• Ability to stay agile and composed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
• Travel requirement 15% if applicable.
• At least 7 years of Business, Customer and Geo Spatial experience in a specialty retail environment.
• Education requirement – MBA, MS (Math, Stats, Economics) or comparable experience
• Experienced in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, SQL, R, SAS, Python, Alteryx, Tableau (Cliq, Domo, etc.)