Comcast Senior Software Engineer, Tools & Infrastructure in New York, New York
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a New York-based Senior Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure, who reports to Lead Software Engineer. FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any devices from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV. FreeWheel New York Engineering Team is part of our global engineering team who are building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar deals, handle billions of daily requests and process terabytes of raw data everyday.
- Design and manage QA strategy to adopt agile development process
- Advocate Automated Testing and CI/CD methodology and help imbue it into team development activities, review and advise testing methods and best practices for developers.
- Collect consistent test results and quality metrics from regression testing across multiple teams/projects/products.
- Review product spec, create test cases that based on feature requirements; design and build automated test script
- Improve and maintain CI/CD infrastructure for FreeWheel Linear TV and API platform
- Maintain and improve the test coverage and ratio of automated test
- Coordinate and perform the integration tests among different Global Engineering teams with different time zones
- Work with Production Operation team to deliver all releases on time with high quality
- Provide support, automated tools and documentation to troubleshoot production issue and inquiry
- Interface with Global Engineering, Operation and Product Management teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- 4 years software development/operation experiences in an environment with good emphasis on automation testing
- Experience with automated software testing, including unit tests, regression tests, integration tests and performance tests for RESTful services
- Experience with CI/CD software stacks including Jenkins and git
- Very hands-on with test case design, implementation and execution, comfortable with Linux and CLI
- Familiar with software best practices and good coding style
- Experience with Python, Bash, Golang, NodeJS, PgSQL and MySQL is a good plus
- Experience with AWS, Docker and Kubernetes is a big plus
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer